Iloilo City is a city in the Philippines on the island of Panay in the Visayas. It is the provincial capital of the province of Iloilo.
By air - Iloilo International Airport (IATA: ILO) serves the city of Iloilo as well as the province of Iloilo. It receives flights from Cebu, Davao city and Manila and is served by 5 airlines; Air Philippines/PAL Express, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines and Zest Airways.
By sea - Pumboats are used for transversing the water between Guimaras Island and Iloilo city.
The ferries are usually for Iloilo to Manila trips although there are Ferries that will transport people and vehicle from Iloilo to certain islands.
There are lots a ferry between Bacolod and Iloilo 335PHP one way. There a big discounts for return tickets.
Taxi: White cars with the obvious Taxi sign on top. The best service are often offered by Light of Glory or GDR taxi. They drive fast but as relatively safe as possible.
Jeepneys: Dubbed the Unofficial national transport system, it's an automobile, with some resemblance to a Jeep vehicle, that has long leather benches for people to sit on. It's everywhere in the city and each jeepney has a set route to follow.
Don't take this if you're in a great hurry as the drivers can sometimes decide to wait in the loading areas for 5-10 minutes.
Tri-Sikads or Tri-Cycles: Cycles mean motor bike while sikad means a manual bike. It's the method of transportation for small, tight roads in barangays and the outskirts of the city. It can be more expensive than the Jeepneys.
There's nothing much of interest for tourists in and around Iloilo. Some run down churches and Spanish era graveyards at most. The church in Miagao has a nice facade, but it's not worth the half day trip back and forth. Beaches that are closest to the city are not so nice. It's usually dirty and very few people bathe there anymore. There are good beaches but these are found far from the Metro. Popular ones are usually in Guimbal. Other places around Panay do have decent beaches, and most tourists that come to Iloilo are on their way to Boracay, one of the most popular beaches/islands in the whole of the Philippines.
- MO2 ICe Bar, Glicerio T. Pison Ave., Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville Complex). 6:00 PM. Mo2 Ice provide the best place for dancing and grooving for you will surely tune up to the best beats of music and groove your way to the speckle of laser lights. If you want party with style and class head off to Mo2 ICE- the “Must See” bar that accommodates a variety of genres all in one place.
- El Dorado Waterpark, Glicerio T. Pison Avenue, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville), ☎ +63335090202. 8:00 AM-10::00PM. Cool down. escape. relax with El Dorado water park as you experience "Quality Fun Time" with your special loved one, grandiose family or relatives. Chill or simply unwind by the pools that are exquisitely designed for both kids and adults. Surely, one’s pocket will not be in burden for one can bring along food and beverages that will give a feast mood for each and everyone.
Visit the Dinagyang festival at the end of January.
- MO2 Annex, Glicerio T. Pison Ave., Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville Complex), ☎ +63335090202. 5:30 PM. The MO2 annex is the place to be for your SINGING TALENT. With a number family KTV rooms and affordable consumable rates no one can resist the pleasure of singing their favorite songs while enjoying the meals and drinks and billiard hall surely this will be ideal for groups seeking private and sporty recreation yet the rates are consumable and very affordable!
The City's Night Life center is found in Smallville. It's near SM city mandurriao. Good Restaurants in Smallville: Pirate's bar which has a wrecked ship attached to it's facade as a design. It's a bit dim inside but it adds to the relaxed atmosphere. They also have a dance club beside the main building. The club has laser lights and great speakers, just be aware that it can get quite congested with cigarette smoke. Annex is for those who love to karaoke.
They have two types of karaoke rooms: the smaller can seat around 2-6 people while the big room can seat 10-15 people. They have comfortable couches, good food especially the appetizer when you tie it with the local beer and a vast collection of songs to choose from. Beside The Annex is M02. Arguably, the bar that launched Smallville. They have drinks and food. Local beer is good while the food is typical of bar food. Krua Thai also has some tasty foods. Almost everything on the menu is good and it's a refreshing break from the typical Ilonggo cuisine. A little bit further is Boardwalk which has a few of restaurants. Notably is Paprika where there is almost always a live band performing. They have a selection of sea foods.The B Place is a bar with a relaxing view of the river as well as the cool breeze moving through the place. The food is again typical of bars in this area.
Beside Smallville is Uncle Tom's which have excellent Spareribs, Steaks, Fried Chicken, Baby Backribs and the best of all: Ox Tongue. Their gravy is very tasty and the you can tell that the chicken was well marinated and seasoned. Along the highway you can find Dos Maria's where they serve pizzas that are big; having a diameter of around 20 or more inches. Though the pizza is big the taste is generic and really unsatisfying. The German Bavaria restaurant,has been in operation for 13 years and has become a popular spot for families and get-togethers. Taste Germany in the center of Iloilo City. For those that live in Iloilo or are visiting, come get a sense of what it's like to eat in Bavaria! We offer an array of Sausages, Mouth watering "Schweinshaxen" and of course don't forget about our German Weizen and Pils beers imported from Germany. Great food and the Old World charm are always happening at Bavaria. Bavaria Restaurant – the Best of the Old World, right here in Iloilo. Guten Appetit! close to Jaro plaza, serves real German Weizenbeer and European sauasages. Afriques is an Italian themed restaurant with a touch of Ilonggo flavor. They serve a variety of pizza and pasta-type dishes, most of which are extremely delicious. The pizza is tasty but it's crust can be better. Most of the dishes are served in generous portions especially the sauces. They have two locations: one near Plaza Libertad, General Hughes street and the other beside of Hotel del Rio. Ted's Batchoy is arguably the best Batchoy shop in iloilo. Batchoy is a mix of noodles and pork Chicharon along with some spices and a tasty broth. It's very good and filling espcially if you're very hungry. It's one of Iloilo's native dishes.
There are a number of Karaoke, Beerhouses and Strip clubs in the city. However, these tend to be unsafe for tourists. The safest and cleanest venues to enjoy the city's night life are found in Smallville. They have a different bars and restaurants with a wide menu and good drinks to choose from.
- Bavaria Restaurant (Typical German Restaurant), 113 Seminario Street Jaro, Iloilo City (Located near the Jaro Plaza), ☎ (63 33) 3290078, . 7:30am-12:30am. Herzlich Wilkommen! Bavaria restaurant has been in operation for 13 years and has become a popular spot for families and get-togethers. Taste Germany in the center of Iloilo City. For those that live in Iloilo or are visiting, come get a sense of what it's like to eat in Bavaria! We offer an array of Sausages, Mouth watering "Schweinshaxen" and of course don't forget about our German Weizen and Pils beers imported from Germany. Great food and the Old World charm are always happening at Bavaria. Bavaria Restaurant – the Best of the Old World, right here in Iloilo. Guten Appetit! $2-$20.
- MO2 Restobar, Glicerio T. Pison Avenue, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville Complex), ☎ +63335081234. 5:00 PM. MO2 Restobar propels the mood for those who want outdoor dining while listening to live bands and enjoying sumptuous meals with various refreshing drinks to choose from
- Northview Inn, Cnr MacArthur Drive (National Rd) and 8th St, Balantang Jaro (East side of the Hwy to Zarraga, about 5 km out from the centre of Iloilo City) ☎ +63 33 503-2282, +63 917 500 7242 email@example.com A new B&B style of lodgings where the owners have taken a lot of care in selecting furniture, fixtures and fittings. Very clean but a shared shower room/WC with hot water. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Free (intermittent) Wi-Fi. Excellent value at ₱450 sgl, ₱650 dbl air-con.
- Iloilo Corporate Inn Cnr Guanco St and Rizal St. 695PHP (Feb 2013) AC, Hot Water, TV, WIFI in cafe, free LAN internet in room, room service.
- Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center, Iznart Street, Maria Clara (South end of Iznart St near Central Market), ☎ +63-33-508-0000 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 2:00 pm; checkout: 12:00 nn. The Circle Inn - Iloilo City Center is a 3-star hotel located in downtown Iloilo City with 60 spacious rooms with premium beddings and duvet blankets with either a pool view or sea view. All rooms have complimentary wifi Internet access with higher end rooms equipped with refrigerator, mini-bar, safety deposit box and some with a balcony. Other amenities include a full size swimming pool with jacuzzi area, function room for seminars and the Wave Lounge featuring some KTV rooms and live bands and DJ nightly. P1,080.
- Anhawan Beach Resort & Spa, J.C. Zuleta St, Poblacion South, Oton, ☎ 6333 336-2246, .
- Century 21 Hotel (Century 21 Hotel), Quezon Street, ☎ (+63)(33) 335-8821, .
- Highway 21 Hotel (Highway 21 Hotel), General Luna Street, Iloilo City, ☎ (+63)(33) 335-1839, .
- Eon Centennial Plaza Hotel, ☎ (033) 337-2277 (email@example.com), . All 46 accommodations are fully air-conditioned and have private toilet and bath with shower and tub, cable television, and mini-bar. They’re also furnished with a coffee/ tea maker, hair dryer, and daily newspaper. Jalandoni Street Iloilo City Philippines. Rates start at USD $35.11.
- Days Hotel Iloilo, 4F The Atrium Mall Gen Luna St (at the heart of the city), ☎ +63-33-3373297, . Also offers restaurant wellness spa and gym.
- Iloilo City Inn (Bavaria Inn), 113 Seminario Street Jaro, Iloilo City (Near Jaro Plaza), ☎ (63-33)3290078 for email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, . Ioilo City Inn is located in the heart of the historical and cultural district of Jaro and a few minutes ride to downtown Iloilo City, it has 13 airconditioned rooms with Cable TV, Internet access and hot and cold showers. The German Restaurant "Bavaria" is located at the ground floor $17.
- MO2 Westown Hotel Iloilo, Glicerio T. Pison Ave, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao Iloilo City (Smallville Iloilo), ☎ +63335090202, . checkin: 2:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 NN. The new face of modern paradise! P 1,800.00.
- MO2 Restobar, Glicerio T. Pison Avenue, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville Complex), ☎ +63335081234. MO2 Restobar propels the mood for those who want outdoor dining while listening to live bands and enjoying sumptuous meals with various refreshing drinks to choose from.