Ilha do Mel is an hourglass-shaped island just off the coast of Paraná.
Ilha do Mel can be reached by regular ferries from the port city of Paranaguá.
The island has no roads, only a network of sandy trails. Trails spread out from the village center, known as Nova Brasilia, which is on the south side of the narrow isthmus connecting the two parts of the island.
- There is a lighthouse on a hill on the southeastern face of the island. It is a good place to take pictures, and also to get a good idea of the shape of the island.
- On the northeast face of the island, there are the remains of an old Portuguese fort.
- David's Bar and Restaurant, 041 426 8008. Typical local dishes of Ilha do Mel and surrounds, this place also sells some local handicrafts.
- Recanto Tropical Restaurant, 41 426 8054. Per-kilo buffet.
- Restaurante Mar e Sol, 041 426 8021. Larger restaurant specializing in seafood.
There are many guesthouses in the small village. Those further from the dock are a bit cheaper. Many guesthouses are open only during the busy summer tourist season.
- Pousada Caraguatá, Praia de Encantadas, +55 (41) 3426 9097, .
- Pousada Girasol, Farol da Rochas, 041 426 8006. 5 minutes walk south of the dock area. Open year-round. Decent breakfast.
- Pousada Pôr-do-Sol, Nova Brasilia, 041 3426 8009. From the dock, walk straight inland to the other side of the island, less than 5 minutes' walk. Clean rooms and a nice restaurant attached.