Hyde Park  is a township in Dutchess County in the state of New York in the United States of America.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100, . The closest major airport is about 30 miles away, across the Hudson River from Beacon.
- Metro-North Railroad - Hudson line, . There is service between New York City's Grand Central Terminal and Poughkeepsie. On-board train fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the station or at the vending machines located on the platform. Pick up local taxi to Hyde Park, about 7 miles.
- Amtrak, . Long distance connections are available at Metro-North's Poughkeepsie station.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library & Museum, 4079 Albany Post Rd (Route 9), + 1 800-FDR-VISIT, . This is the first presidential library, and to date the only one used by its namesake while in office. Museum hours 9AM-5PM daily November-April; 9AM-6PM May-October.
- Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site, Route 9G, +1 845 229-9115, . The only National Historic Site dedicated to a First Lady. Val-Kill is a modest home and it is the only one that was Eleanor's alone. House open daily May through October, 9AM-5PM.
- Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site, Albany Post Rd (Route 9), +1 845 229-9115, . Open year round, daily. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Buildings are open 9AM-5PM, grounds are open 7AM to sunset.
The Vanderbilt Mansion overlooks the Hudson River.
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site, 4428 Albany Post Rd (Route 9), +1 845 229-9115, . A magnificent mansion from the gilded age, set on 212 acres overlooking the Hudson River. Completed in 1898 for Frederick William Vanderbilt, grandson of Cornelius Vanderbilt. 45-minute guided tours of the mansion run daily 9AM-5PM, last tour begins at 4PM; $8 adult, 15 and under free; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Grounds open every day, year-round, 7AM-sunset, free. National Parks Pass accepted.
- Mills Mansion, (aka Staatsburgh State Historic Site), Old Post Road, Staatsburg, +1(845 889-8851, . The country estate of Ogden and Ruth Livingston Mills is located about 4 miles north of Hyde Park, overlooking the Hudson River. This 65 room (plus 14 bathrooms) mansion was designed by Stanford White and is a bit larger than the Vanderbilt home.
Take a guided kayak tour on the Hudson River. The River Connection, 9 West Market St, +1 845 229-0595, .
There are several antiques shops in town.
There are a Dairy Queen and McDonalds on the Albany Post Road, but with so many CIA students and faculty in the area you are sure to find more interesting eats elsewhere.
- Eveready Diner, 4184 Albany Post Rd, +1 845 229-8100.
- Hyde Park Brewing Company, 4076 Albany Post Rd (Route 9), . Open 7 days, M-Sa 11AM-2AM, Su noon-midnight. Lunch $8-$10, dinner $13-$25. CIA graduate chef and a variety of beer brewed on premises—great combo.
- Coppola's Italian/American Bistro, 4167 Albany Post Rd, (Route 9), +1 845 229-9113, . M-Th 11:30AM-9:30PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-10PM, Su 10:30AM-2PM, Sunday brunch 12PM-9PM.
- The Culinary Institute of America, 433 Albany Post Rd, +1 845 471-6608 (reservation line), . Select from five restaurants run by students and faculty: American Bounty (regional American, features Hudson Valley ingredients), Apple Pie Bakery Café (bakery and pastry), Ristorante Caterina de' Medici (Italian), St. Andrew's Café (casual, family-friendly), and Escoffier Restaurant (French). 3 are open Monday through Friday, 2 are open Tuesday through Saturday. Be sure to make reservations in advance.
- Quality Inn, 4142 Albany Post Rd, +1 845 229-0088, .
- Vanderbilt Motel, Albany Post Rd, +1 845 229-7100.
- Roosevelt Inn of Hyde Park, 4360 Albany Post Rd, +1 845 229-2443, . Twenty five rooms, $85-$120 in season, suites $150. Pets ok. Closed January and February.
- le Petit Chateau Inn, 39 West Dorsey Ln, +1 845 437-4688, . A romantic hideaway on 40 acres overlooking a pond. Private bath and fireplace in every room. Located about a half mile from the Culinary Institute and a mile from the Roosevelt sites. Four rooms and suites, $155-$275.
Hyde Park is a great starting place for a tour of mid Hudson Valley estates. Once you've visited the Roosevelt and Vanderbilt homes, continue north on Route 9 (Albany Post Road) to the Mills mansion in Staatsburg, then into Rhinebeck to the Suckley's Wilderstein, and then to Frederic Church's Olana in the city of Hudson.
WikiPedia:Hyde Park, New York
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!