The Hutt Valley is part of the Wellington area.
The Hutt Valley contains the Hutt River and the cities of Upper Hutt and Hutt City (formerly Lower Hutt).
- Belmont Regional Park is a great place to wander around. If you've got all day then the walk up to Belmont Trig is very tiring yet enjoyable.
- If you want to go on a short walk then you can go from the end of Cornish Street, in Petone, up to the defunct Korokoro Dam.
- Petone, the first colonial settlement in the Wellington area. Visit the early settlers museum and see the Jackson Street walk of fame.
- Tunnel Gully and the Rimutaka Incline walkways. Walk or mountain bike the old railway route over the Rimutaka ranges.
- Kaitoke Regional Park has a number of forest walks.
- The Hutt River is easily accessable for most of its length. It is even able to be fished for trout - a fishing licence is required.
- Take a scenic drive up Akatarawa Road to Staglands wildlife park.
- At the top of the Rimutaka Hill you can take a break in your trip to the Waiarapa and climb up to the Rimutaka Trig and see the Wairarapa instead. Choose a calm sunny day as this part of the country can be very windy.
Fish and chips:
- Dennis Fish Supply; 103 Randwick Rd Moera
- Calypso Fish & Chips; 5 Waiwhetu Rd Waiwhetu
- Real Meat Pies; 68 Whites Line East Waiwhetu (during business hours only)