Hunan (湖南) is a province in central China, home of Mao Zedong.
- Changsha - capital of Hunan.
- Yueyang - famous for Yueyang Tower (岳阳楼)
- Hengyang - Second largest city in Hunan and home of Mount Heng (Nanyue mountain).
- Huaihua - important railway center in western Hunan
- Shaoyang - a very beautiful city of southwest Hunan.
- Zhuzhou - an important industrial city in Hunan Province and one of the five busiest railway centers in Mainland China.
- Fenghuang - A beautiful historic city closed by the river
- Changde - A city bordering the west side of Dongting lake
- Zhangjiajie - UNESCO World heritage. National GeoPark. Sandstone Peak Forest.
- Mount Heng - (also called Nan Yue) one of the five sacred Taoist mountains of China. Nan Yue Temple lies in the foothills of the mountain.
- Meishan Dragon Palace - one of the most beautiful karst caves in China. There's an area of terrace named Ziquejie in the vicinity.
- Dongting Lake - the second biggest freshwater lake in China.
- Yueyang pavilion - a famous pavilion in China.
- Dehang - a small village home to the Miao minority, with nice hiking opportunities.
Different dialects exist in Hunan which date back thousands of years. The most common dialect covers almost all of the middle Hunan area, ranging from Changsa to Xiangtan. This is the Changsa dialect, also called it Xiang dialect.
Domestic Airports are located in Changsha and Zhangjiajie.
Railroads criss cross the province connecting major cities, with lines going off to other cities like Wuhan
Probably the best attraction in Hunan is the fabulous Wulingyuan mountain, a stunning sandstone karst landscape. Several cable cars shorten distances, and there are many hiking opportunities.
Try Hunan's spicy food, one of the eight cuisine in China, reknowned for its spicy taste and flavor.