| || |
| || |
Revision as of 22:27, 25 April 2008
Uptown is in Houston, though nobody in Houston has used that term since about 1970 --- it's generally referred to as "The Galleria", or to motorists at I-610 and U.S. 59 as "@#$&*%".
- Williams Tower, 2800 Post Oak, . The 3rd largest skyscraper in Houston and largest in the world outside of a downtown or central business district. A short walk from the Galleria, also check out the ever-romantic Water Wall.
- Memorial Park. Located just inside the I-610 Loop along Memorial Drive, this expansive slice of urban greenspace has some wonderful trails and paved paths, good for jogging, rollerblading, and bicycling. There's an arboretum, a nature center, picnic areas, and sports fields. Thisis one of Houston's nicest parks.
- The Galleria, Westheimer at Post Oak. Huge shopping mall filled with high end retail stores, several hotels and even includes an indoor year-round ice skating rink used by Tara Lipinski.
- Marq*E, . Outdoor shopping mall with many attractions including a giant movie theater.
- Memorial City Mall, 303 Memorial City (IH-10 West at Gessner), ☎ 713-464-8640 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Has many department stores and also an indoor ice skating rink.
- Ragin' Cajun, 4302 Richmond Ave., ☎ 713-623-6321. This is the world's best cajun kitchen that hasn't been destroyed by a hurricane. Gumbo, jambalaya, and crawdads are served up in a funky, downhome casual restaurant where the zydeco music never stops.
- Courtyard - Galleria, 3131 West Loop S, . Close to the William P. Hobby Airport and only a 40-minute drive from Houston's major Airport, the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Fairfield Inn - Galleria, 3131 West Loop S, . A quarter of a mile from uptown, near Houston's Galleria Mall and within easy reach of many of Houston's popular tourist attractions including Houston's Astrodome, Houston Museum District and Houston Space Center. Situated in close proximity to the William P. Hobby Airport. Also, it's only a 40-minute drive from Houston's major airport, George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Granduca Houston, 1080 Uptown Park Boulevard, (888) 472-6382, . Houston's newest luxury hotel offers the ambiance of an Italian palace along with the upscale touches of a five-star hotel.
- Hotel Derek, 2525 W. Loop South, (713) 961-3000, . One block from the world-renowned Houston Galleria shopping and dining.
- InterContinental Houston, 2222 W. Loop South, (713) 627-7600, . One block from the world-renowned Houston Galleria shopping and dining.
- Omni, Four Riverway, (888) 444-6664, . Centrally located in the prestigious Post Oak neighborhood, the hotel is a proud recipient of the AAA 5-diamond award. The hotel is surrounded by impeccably manicured grounds and two pools.