EaDo (short for "East Downtown") and East End are two historic districts located just east of downtown Houston.
- Houston Ship Channel Boat Tour, . 10:30 and 2:30 Tu, We, Fr, Sa, 2:30 Th and Su.. See one of the busiest ports in the world. Advance reservations required. Free, reservations required..
- Kanomwan, 736 1/2 Telephone Rd, ☎ 713-923-4236. Wonderful Thai restaurant in historic 3rd Ward; home of the "Thai Nazi" (a la "Seinfeld").
- Kim Son, 2001 Jefferson St, ☎ 713-222-2461 ([email protected]), . 11-midnight Fr-Sa, 11-11 Su-Th. Houston's biggest Vietnamese restaurant that has several other locations in town.
- Super Happy Fun Land  is Houston's venue for experimental electronic music, underground jazz, and outsider art!
- Lucky's Pub, 801 St. Emanuel, ☎ (713) 522-2010, . This sports bar is quite large and offers plenty of room for you and a large group of friends to go and watch your favorite sporting events. Anytime a Houston team is playing, this place gets packed with fans. They have plenty of beer on tap. Their food is also not bad for a sports bar.