It's possible to circumnavigate the globe by hitchhiking. This travel topic gives some ideas how.
Different people have different goals for worldwide hitchhiking. Some questions to consider:
- Are you planning to visit all 7 continents? Or just to stay moving in a roughly easterly or westerly direction until you return to the same longitude and possibly latitude?
- What are your time constraints? Can you take a year, or two, or three, to complete the trip?
- How far are you willing to go on paid transportation?
- Do you plan to walk or bike part of the way?
- Will you pay for food and lodging?
Some parts of the world, like North America or Europe, are densely populated and make for easy hitching. Other parts, like Central Asia, have lower traffic and may result in harder transportation.
Crossing the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans present some difficulty.