Highland is a county in Scotland.
Cities, towns and villages
There are far to many mountains in Scotland to cover them all here.
Munroe - mountain above 3000 feet.
Corbett - mountains between 2500 and 3000 feet.
Some popular mountains by group
- Ben Hope
- Ben Loyal
- Ben Stack - neither particularly high nor well known but a little gem.
northern Torridonian mountains - i.e. Mountains of Torridonian sandstone north of Ullapool.
- Quinag - An easy Corbett for beginners as it's possible to start well up from the main road south from Kylescu.
- Suilven - easier than it looks but its distance from roads makes it a challenge.
- Cul Mor
- Cul Beag
- Stac Pollaidh - Less than a Corbett but with an outstanding shape and rock ridge - unfotunately much eroded because of its proximity to the road.
- An Teallach - a fairly hard ridge walk above Little Loch Broom.
- Slioch - on the 'non-road' side of Loch Maree.
- Bein Eigh - above the Loch Maree road and much of the road from Kinlochewe to Torridon.
- Liathach - above the village of Torridon.
- Beinn Aligin - above the minor road from Torridon to the Aligins and Lower Diabaig.
- Bein Bhann - otherwise known as the Applecross mountains.