| || |
| || |
Revision as of 13:48, 18 March 2010
Herning  is a city in the middle of Jutland.
Herning is on the Struer train line with hourly connections from Copenhagen (3.5 hours, DKK 300)
Most things are within walking distance.
- Taxi: Herning Taxi, tel: +45 97120777
The municipial arts collection placed in an very artistic round building from 1965, which inner courtyard is domminated by an 1000 m2 ceramic painting "Fantasiens Leg om Livets Hjul" (The fantacys play with the wheel of life). This building originally was built as the Angli-shirt factory.
Around this museum has during the last 40 years grown a whole collection of artistic formations...
The museum area also contains The museum of Carl-Henning Pedersen & Else Alfelts. Two internationally known danish artists.
The Sculpture Park Originally meant as an recreative area for the employees of the shirt factory.
The geometric Garden by C.Th. Sørensen
The Utzon house An prototype to a scholl house by Jørn Utzon
The biggest sculpture in the northern part of Europe.
Herning hosts many conventions, exhibitions, etc.
Bredgade is the main pedestrian shopping street.
pedestrian shopping street (Bredgade)
- Cafe Poulsen & Restaurant Upstairs, Bredgade 38, ☎ ''+45'' 97120944 (Info@CafePoulsen.dk), . Nice Cafe with sandwiches, pasta, salmon, etc. DKK 80.
- Peppers, Bethaniagade 14, ☎ 28441627, . 22.30-??.??. Club. Drink and Dance. Party the "Pepper´s Way" 20 DKK.
- Decolux, Sandagervej 2, ☎ ''+45'' 97225188 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bed&Breakfast NW of the city, 30 min walking. Shares shower and kitchen. DKK 350.
- Hotel Skarrildhus, Sdr. Ommevej 4 · Skarrild, . Hotel located outside Herning. Good conference facilities and nice rooms with view.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!