Hendersonville is located in western North Carolina. The population estimate for 2005 is 11,396 and it is 2,200 feet above sea level.
Hendersonville lies 40 miles north of Spartanburg, South Carolina and 22 miles south of Asheville, North Carolina at the southern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hendersonville can be accessed from three exits from Interstate 26.
Hendersonville served by a privately owned, public use airport. The Hendersonville Airport has been in operation since 1932, and is located 2.5 miles southeast of the town.
A Little About Hendersonville
Hendersonville, NC is a small town just south of Asheville, NC. Its the perfect place to spend an afternoon or a lifetime. Hendersonville is a small community of about 12,000, with that friendly "Small Town, USA" feeling.
Downtown you'll find a thriving Main street complete with fine restaurants, homemade ice cream shops, antique stores, and lots of artists and art galleries. Downtown Hendersonville is a fantastic place to spend a day shopping with its beautiful landscaping, wide sidewalks, comfortable benches, outdoor water fountains and plenty of parking, not to mention all of the wonderful and unique shops.
Hendersonville's Home Page
Great source for local transportation.
Apple Country Public Transit - 526 Seventh Avenue East Hendersonville, NC 28793
Checker Cab Co. - 500 7th Ave E, Hendersonville, NC
Sams Cab - 729 Maple St, Hendersonville, 28792
Carolina Taxi & Ind Transportation - 537 Fitzsimmons St, Hendersonville, 28792
- Flat Rock Playhouse, 2661 Greenville Highway, Flat Rock. +1 828 693-0731, . Home to the Vagabond Players (1937) since 1953. Designated "State Theatre of North Carolina," its season runs from April through December.
- Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, Flat Rock
- Apple Festival, Labor Day weekend
- Inn on Church, 201 Third Ave W, +1 828 693-3258 (toll free: 1-800-330-3836), . This restaurant occupies the historic former "Aloah Hotel" building in downtown Hendersonville.
- Baby Back Joe's Smokehouse, 59 Highlands Square Dr (at the entrance of Wal-Mart Shopping Center), +1 828 697-9433. Authentic Hickory Smoked Meats. Featuring Baby Back Ribs, Pulled or Sliced Pork, Beef Brisket, Pork Spare Ribs, and Beef Ribs.
The Black Rose
- Highland Lake Inn, . A country retreat as well as a romantic bed and breakfast.
- Inn on Church, 201 Third Ave W, +1 828 693-3258 (toll free: 1-800-330-3836), . This bed and breakfast occupies the historic former "Aloah Hotel" building in downtown Hendersonville.
- Hogaloft, 145 Little Ln, +1 828 698-2466. Located just outside Historic Hendersonville this rustic Inn offers either Suite or Studio style accommodations.
- The Waverly Inn, 783 N. Main, +1 828 693-9193, . Beautiful 100-year-old inn just north of downtown historic district. 13 rooms and one suite. Not cheap but worth it - great breakfasts! Very friendly hosts.
- Elizabeth Leigh Inn, 908 5th Avenue West, +1 828 698-9707
- Quality Inn and Suites, 201 Sugar Loaf Rd (Exit 49A, right at light, .01m. on right), ☎ 828-692-7231. checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Largest Hotel in Hendersonville with indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, putt putt green, game room, exercise room, seasonal lounge, banquet rooms, 149 guest rooms including some suites, truck and bus parking, group packages available. $49 - $249.
- Meadowbrook Cabin, Vacation Cabin Rental - Pets Welcome!, 1804 Meadowbrook Terr. (Walking distance from restaurants, parks, shops), ☎ 828-698-2624, . This very private log cabin is set back on a paved road in historic Druid Hills, a very walkable neighborhood of Hendersonville. Walk to restaurants, shopping, the bus, groceries, car rental and Patton Park. 2 Bedrooms, 2 full Baths, Attic/Loft, Sleeps 7 $200 - $1000.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!