The Harrisburg area  is in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and is generally considered to consist of the Harrisburg metropolitan statistical area which includes Dauphin, Cumberland and Perry county. It is home to the state capitol building and complex in the city of Harrisburg and the popular theme park and tourist attractions in Hershey.
- Fort Hunter
- Wildwood Lake
- King's Gap Educational and Recreational Area
- City Island
- Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau (HHRVB) , Official Visitors Center promoting Dauphin and Perry Counties, 17 South 2nd Street, Harrisburg, Phone: +1-877-727-8573, email@example.com
Harrisburg International Airport  is located just minutes outside of Harrisburg in Middletown, Pennsylvania.
Train stations along Amtrak's high-speed Keystone line are located in Harrisburg and Middletown.
The area is traversed by several major interstates, U.S. highways, the Pennsylvania turnpike and Capital Beltway (which consists of PA 581, Interstate 81 and 83 as they loop around the city of Harrisburg and its environs).
The Harrisburg area is served by Capital Area Transit (CAT)  which has about 30 fixed bus routes covering the area. While transit service is generally on time and efficient, it is generally not frequent outside of the city of Harrisburg and its immediate suburbs.
- Fort Hunter Mansion and Park, (Exit 66 off Interstate 81, take N Front St for two miles), . edit
- Hersheypark, 100 W Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, . edit
- Allenberry Resort Inn and Playhouse, 1559 Boiling Springs Rd, Boiling Springs, ☎ 800.430.5468, . A variety of fantastic offerings including an Inn, playhouse and restaurant located outside beautiful Boiling Springs. edit
- Appalachian Trail. Winds through Cumberland county edit
- Colonel Denning State Park, 1599 Doubling Gap Rd, Newville, ☎ (717) 776-5272, . 18 miles of hiking trails, picnicking, swimming, fishing, hunting and camping surrounded by scenic mountains. edit
- Carlisle Sports Emporium, 29 S Middlesex Rd, ☎ 717-258-4741, . A family fun center including go-karts, mini-golf, laser tag, arcade, roller rink and batting cages edit
- Harrisburg Mall, 3601 Paxton St, Harrisburg (Paxton St/Bass Pro Dr exit off I-83), . Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12pm-6pm. Large regional mall with Bass Pro Shops and area's largest Macy's. Unfortunately the rest of the mall is rather unimpressive with lots of vacancies, but also home to Great Escape 14, considered the region's nicest movie theater. edit
- Capital City Mall, 3506 Capital City Mall Dr, Camp Hill (Route 15 and Lower Allen Drive), . Mon-Sat 10am-9:30pm, Sun 11am-6pm. Most popular mall in the Harrisburg area featuring Hollister, American Eagle, Forever 21 and other popular retailers. edit
- Colonial Park Mall, Route 22 and Colonial Road, Harrisburg, . Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12pm-6pm. edit
- Outlets At Hershey, 46 Outlet Sq, Hershey (Hersheypark Drive and Route 743), . Mon-Sat 9:30am-9pm, Sun 11am-5pm. Over 60 retailers and restaurants featuring J. Crew, Coach, Disney, Clark's, Gap and more. edit
- Coliseum Megaplex, 410 St. Johns Rd, Camp Hill, ☎ 717-972-1000, . Restaurant, family fun center, bars and bowling alley Up to $20. edit
- Harrisburg's 2nd Street, (2nd street between Market and Forster), . Downtown Harrisburg's north 2nd street is hopping almost every night with bars and night clubs to serve just about every type of person. edit