Hanover is a city in west central New Hampshire. It is home to Dartmouth College.
Interstate 93 north to Interstate 89 north at Concord, NH. Exit I-89 at Exit 18 in Lebanon, NH, bear right onto Route 120 north and follow to Hanover.
Take I-89 south to I-91 north in White River Junction, VT. Continue as below.
- From New York (about 5 hours), southern New England and points south
Take Interstate 91 north to exit 13 at Norwich, Vermont. Bear right off the exit, across the Ledyard Bridge spanning the Connecticut River. Continue up the hill on West Wheelock St. in Hanover.
- Lebanon Regional Airport, 5 Airpark Road, West Lebanon NH, Phone: +1 603 298-8878 (M-F 8AM-4PM), . US Air Express flies here.
- Other alternatives are Manchester (New Hampshire) and Burlington (Vermont), both about 1.5 hours away by car; or Logan International in Boston or Bradley International in Windsor Locks, both about 2.5 hours away.
- Vermont Transit, In-state: 800-642-3133, Out-of-state: 800-451-3292, .
- Dartmouth Coach, Phone: +1 603 448-2800, Toll free: +1 800 637-0123., . Daily service between the Dartmouth campus and Boston South Station and Logan Airport.
- Advance Transit, +1 802 295-1824, . Serves the Upper Valley towns. All routes are free.
- Hood Museum of Art, Wheelock Street, Phone: +1 603 646-2808, Fax: +1 603 646-1400, email: email@example.com, . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM (W to 11PM); Su 12PM-5PM. Wheelchair accessible. Free.
- Hopkins Center for the Arts, Wheelock Street, Phone: +1 603 646-2422, Fax: +1 603 646-1375, email: hopkins.center@Dartmouth.edu, . Visual arts, theatre, dance, film, concerts, it's all here.
- Hanover Country Club Golf Course, Rope Ferry Rd., Phone: +1 603 646-2000, . 18 holes, 6500 yards, Semi-private course welcomes public play.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail. It runs right through town.