| || |
www.hamiltonisland.com.au www.hamiltonisland.com.au] - Official Website.'''- A portal outlining all the Hotel Accomodation options, Holiday Home options and tourist activities on Hamilton island. |+|
Hamilton Island Accommodation] Deals.''' Experience luxurious and intimate beach front settings or sweeping views of the Coral Sea. Every taste and budget is catered for on Hamilton Island. All accommodation has easy access to the beach, restaurants and resort centre. |+|
* ''' [http://www.hamiltonisland.com.au]- A portal outlining all the options and tourist activities on island.
* ''' [http://www.hamiltonislandaccommodationdeals.com.au].
| || |
Revision as of 04:33, 21 November 2008
Hamilton Island is one of the Whitsunday Islands of Queensland, Australia. It is part of the Great Barrier Reef. The island has been developed as a popular holiday resort.
Hamilton Island is a resort island part of the Whitsunday Islands. Hamilton Island has the most places to stay, restaurants and shops of all the Whitsunday Islands. Whereas many of the Whitsunday Islands only feature a single resort, Hamilton Island features many different resorts and hotels. Infrastructure is on the north side of island. To the south, the island is untouched natural vegetation.
Hamilton Island has an airport with a single runway. It is capable of supporting jet aircraft, but there is no aerobridge, passengers embark and disembark via unsheltered stairs. The two level terminal building services three departure gates and features a club lounge and a small cafe. Hamilton Island airport is served by Jetstar , Virgin Blue  and Qantas . There are direct flights from many Australia cities, including Sydney,Brisbane, and Melbourne.
- Fantasea, . Fantasea operates ferries between Shute Harbour on mainland Australia. $41 adult one-way.
- Blue Ferries, . Blue Ferries operates ferries between Shute Harbour on mainland Australia. $29 adult one-way.
A free shuttle bus meets all arriving aircraft to transfer guests to the Reef View Hotel, Whitsunday Holiday Apartments or Palm Bungalows. Beach Club guests, Reef View Hotel Suite, qualia and Deluxe Holiday Home Villa guests will receive VIP transfers in a chauffeured golf buggy. Hamilton Island Holiday Home guests check in at reception counter at the airport entrance - and pick up their personal 4 seater golf buggy on arrival.
You can get around in Hamilton island by golf buggies. Cars are prohibited. Golf buggies can be hired, for a daily fee. Hiring a buggy requires a credit card imprint which will be returned if the buggy is returned with no damage. Insurance is also available for an extra fee. A full drivers licence is required to drive a buggy. Beach Club guests receive 24 hour complementary buggy chauffeur service to any destination of their choice.
- Resort Buggy Hire, ☎ +61 (0)7 4946 8263 (email@example.com, fax: +61 (0)7 4946 8668). $90 per day.
- Harbourside Buggy Hire, ☎ +61 (0)7 4946 8095 (fax: +61 (0)7 4946 8096). $90 per day.
Free shuttle bus services operate on the island. One service operates continuously between the resort precinct and the marina, completing the loop every 15 minutes. Two other services run clockwise and counter-clockwise on a circuit that covers a greater part of the island.
There are numerous restaurants and cafe's to choose from on the island.
- Beach House - Modern Australian overlooking Catseye Beach.
- Romanos Italian Restaurant - Italian and Seafood restaurant on the Marina.
- Steakhouse - Relaxed family-style restaurant and bar specialising in steak dishes.
- Mariners - Fresh Seafood and contemporary dining in the Marina Village.
- The Pool Terrace Restaurant - Buffet breakfasts and lunchtime ssnack menu and a la carte dinner menus - located poolside at the Reef View Hotel.
- Toucan Tango - Casual Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Dining for families - located in the resort centre.
- Manta Ray Cafe - Gourmet woodfired Pizzas & cocktails overlooking the Marina. Dine in or takeaway.
- Koala Gallery - Outdoor Breakfast BBQ in a Koala enclosure.
- Popeyes - Fish & Chips, and Chicken takeaway.
- Hamilton Island Bakery - Takeaway Sandwiches and pastries.
- Marina Deli - Delicatessen specialising in paninis, foccacias and wraps.
- Dennison Star Dinner Cruise - 4 course dinner cruising the Witsundays on 107ft timber boat.
- qualia - exclusive to guests of qualia (and included in room tarriff) is a fine dining restaurant housed in the luxurious Long Pavillion
- Beach Club - Exclusive to Beach Club guests - fine dining on Catseye Beach
There are multiple forms of accommodation to choose from on Hamilton. From bungalows, to high rise hotel, to apartment, to 5-star resort.
- Official Website. - A portal outlining all the hotel accommodation options and tourist activities on the island.
There are lot of privately owned apartments on the island, which the owners are free to let as they choose.
- Hamilton Island Accommodation Deals. .