Haad Chao Phao is on Ko Pha Ngan and is one of the island's most peaceful spots. Located on the west coast of the island between Haad Son and Sri Thanu, the beach offers golden sands and there are bungalows, restaurants and shops along the seafront.
Haad Chao Phao from Sunset Hill
Located on the west coast of Pha Ngan, easily accessible via road or sea.
Take a taxi about 15 minutes from the main pier (Thong Sala)
Ride a motorbike about 20 minutes from the pier.
A beautiful undiscovered bay fringed by palm trees, with wonderful sunset views.
Lay on the beach.
Snorkel and dive on the vibrant, colourful coral reef.
Walk to the local lake for a swim.
Walk up to another bay such as Haad Yao.
Viewing the sunset while having dinner
- Phangan Cabana Bar and Restaurant, 79/2 Moo 8 Chao Phao Beach, ☎ +66 77 349 095, . 08:30-23:00. Beach front restaurant. Serves Thai and Western food, seafood, BBQ, and vegetarian. Also has a cozy garden home resort. Every room has A/C, fridge, TV, private bath, and free Wi-Fi. From 500-3,000 baht.</sleep> 20-800 baht. (9.764258,99.963004)
- Village Green Restaurant, Pub and Bungalows Great Thai and Western food in a stunning Thai house.
- Pirate Bar set in its own little cove. Not always open though. Great for the Moon Set party. Follow signs from main road. Watch out for the biting ants!
- Seaflower Beach Bar in the centre of Chao Phao beach. Barman, Mr. Ood, does fire dancing most nights. Great spot.
- Sunset Hill Resort, Haad Chao Phao (from Thong Sala head north for ten minutes by taxi. Sunset Hill is just before Haad Son and Haad Yao beaches.), . Large apartments for 1-8 people. Ideal for families and groups. 4,400-16,900 baht.