Húsavík  is a town of approximately 2500 inhabitants in North Iceland. It is the whale-watching capital of Iceland, with whales sighted on over 95% of trips during the summer. Additionally, it has gained some fame as the (in)famous home of the Icelandic Phallological Museum.
You can get to Húsavík by car or by bus. The nearest domestic airport is Akureyri Airport  (one hour driving distance).
- Husavik Whale Center, ☎ +354 464 2522 or 2520, .
The Icelandic Phallological Museum, which used to be here, has moved to Reykjavik.
Apart from whale watching, horse riding is another good option for tourists passing through the town of Húsavík. Its a good opportunity to come across the rugged Icelandic breed and also get to do some sightseeing on horseback at the same time.
- Gamli Baukur, (on the waterfront in an old wood building). They have an excellent selection of fish, soups, and salads. Downstairs is the small restaurant and upstairs a lively, little bar.
- Fosshótel Húsavík. Has a reasonably priced restaurant/pizzeria.
- Salka, Garðarsbraut 6 (A green house right by the main road.), ☎ +354 464 2551, . Restaurant/pizzeria, where is also possible to taste puffin.
- Naustið, Naustagarður 2 (A yellow house by the harbour), ☎ +354 464 1520. Nice and simple seafood restaurant. Open only during the summer season.
- Naustið, Naustagarður 2 (A yellow house by the harbour), ☎ +354 464 1520, . Nice and simple seafood restaurant.
- Pallurinn, (Behind the Gentle Giants ticket center), ☎ +354 496 1440, . An interesting tent restaurant where they grill whole lambs. Very nice food with reasonable prices. Only open during the summer season.
- Local Food Bistro, (Downstairs of the Arts and crafts shop, near Salka restaurant.), . Light interesting courses made of local ingredients. Pretty interior and a sunny patio.
- Húsavík Cape Hotel (Hótel Húsavíkurhöfði), Höfði 24, 640 Husavik (five minute walk to the harbour and two minute walk to the swimming pool), ☎ +354 463 3399, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 11:00. Húsavík Cape Hotel is a new 16 room hotel, located at Húsavík Cape, with great view over the town and Skjálfandi bay. Double/Twin room with breakfast from EUR 150.
- Húsavík guesthouse (Gistiheimili Húsavíkur), Laugarbrekka 16, 640 Husavik (five minute walk to the harbour and one minute walk to the swimming pool), ☎ +354 463 3399, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. A friendly guesthouse, built in 1947 and renovated in 2009. Húsavík guesthouse is open all year. A great place to stay if you are going whale watching. Breakfast is served from 7:30 am til 10:00 am. Wireless Internet access in all rooms. Double/Twin room with breakfast from EUR 85.
- Kaldbaks-kot cottages, Kaldbakur (Just 2km south of Husavik town), ☎ +3544641504, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Located on the farmland of Kaldbakur, within the town of Husavik, only 1200 meters from the town center. Eighteen new cottages built of timber logs, 18-25 square meters in size, with all facilities (WC, shower, kitchen, TV, radio, refrigerator, kitchen utensils, toaster, stove, etc.). Big terrace. Beautiful view. Very private and convenient. from 90 EUR.
- Guesthouse Arbol, Asgardsvegi 2, 640 Husavik, Phone: +354 464 2220, Fax: +354 464 1463, . A small cozy guesthouse with 8 rooms and located near the waterfront. Prices vary from 8.800 Kr. (single bed room) during off season to 10.600Kr. (single bed room) during peak season and includes breakfast. Bathrooms are shared but very clean and towels are provided.
- Fosshótel Húsavík, Ketilsbraut 22, 640 Húsavík, Phone +354 464 1003, . A well-equipped hotel in the centre of town. Single and double rooms, as well as special "whale-themed" rooms. Restaurant/pizzeria and bar facilities. Internet access in the lobby. Close to the harbour and the various shops and service facilities in Húsavík.
The public library offers internet access on public terminals at reasonable rates, and a free internet connection for those traveling with laptops.