Gurnee  is a village in Illinois. It's best known as the home of the Six Flags Great America amusement park.
Interstate 94, a north-south artery linking Chicago and Milwaukee, runs right through Gurnee.
Two Metra  lines serve Gurnee, albeit indirectly. The Union Pacific North Line  between Kenosha and the Ogilvie Transportation Center in downtown Chicago serves Waukegan, and the North Central Service  between Antioch and Chicago Union Station serves Grayslake. Washington Street links the two stations, with Gurnee in between.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport  is the closest airport to Gurnee. Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport  is the next closest.
Grand Avenue, which is part of Illinois State Route 132, is the main strip of the town. Six Flags Great America and the Gurnee Mills Mall are both located on Grand.
- Six Flags Great America, 542 N Route 21 (at Grand Ave./Route 132), ☎ 847-249-1776, . Chicagoland's premier amusement park, noted for its many roller coasters and other thrill rides, as well as for the nation's largest carousel.
- The Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall , 6170 Grand Ave., (847) 855-1180. Over 200 stores, 14 movie theatres and 20 places to eat.
Gurnee has a wide variety of mostly chain restaurants situated near the Gurnee Mills Mall.
- Salutos, . Upscale Italian restaurant serving a wide variety of pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and unique entrees. Unlimited salad & bread-sticks can be had. One of the few non-chain restaurants in Gurnee.
- Comfort Inn Gurnee Hotel, 6080 Gurnee Mills Circle E., (847) 855-8866.
- Comfort Suites Gurnee Hotel, 5430 Grand Avenue, (847) 782-0890. Located across the street from the Six Flags Great America Amusement Park providing hours of family entertainment. Near Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall.