Grapevine is in Texas located just north of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. The city's moniker is derived from the native grapes prevalent in the area, and the city also taken steps to maintain its historic downtown corridor which now includes a variety of antique stores, restaurants, bars, theaters, a park, and many specialty shops.
Just north of DFW airport - therefore easy access by air. Most larger hotels have their own shuttles to/from the airport.
Grapevine is more or less equidistant from both downtown Dallas and Fort Worth. SH 121, 114, 360 and IH 635 all converge in Grapevine (the "funnel").
Right now, the only rail to Grapevine is the "Grapevine Vintage Railroad" that runs between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards. More of a tourist attraction than anything else, too slow to use as transit.
Also, the DART Orange Line runs through Irving and ending at DFW airport. Although it does not travel into Grapevine proper, it does have a park and ride at the Belt Line station just outside the city limits on the north side of the airport.
The Gaylord Texan has two nifty shuttles. One loop runs from Gaylord to the Grapevine Mills shopping areas, the other loop runs from Gaylord to the historic part of Main St.
- Cowboys Golf Club . Owned and operated by the Dallas Cowboys, this is a very high-end course that offers all the amenities and a spectacular golf course. Fees range from $75 to $160.
- Grapevine Wine Tours . Daily lunch and dinner tours of Grapevine's outstanding wineries. Transportation, tastings at 3 of the 7 wineries, and lunch or dinner included.
- Grapevine Wineries . Grapevine is home to many wineries (even a couple of vineyards).
- Historic Main Street . A nice stroll full of shops, a theater, art galleries and a steam train that runs to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Fish/Swim/Ski Lake Grapevine . Fish the points (such as in Oak Grove Park, look for birds) for sand bass. If the birds are working, the fun is on! Cast your slab and reel 'em in.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center  Located at the Grapevine Mills Mall, this is an entire attraction dedicated to the classic building bricks. This 35,000-square-foot attraction features more than two million LEGO® bricks and a few rides.
- Catch some live jazz at Kirby's Steakhouse 3305 E. Hwy 114, Southlake  Ok, so it's technically in Southlake (but just barely)... Surprisingly good jazz acts in a small setting, very enjoyable. Regularly included in the KNTU recommended live jazz schedule. Oh, and by the way the food is awesome (expensive, but well worth it).
- Play/Pause/Replay, 420 S. Barton St. (one street over from Main (west) behind Wilhoites and Big Fish), . DIY Venue/Art Space/Music Consignment Store/Rehearsal Space. Regular Open Mic on Wednesdays, band performances on Thursdays. BYOB. edit
- Flying and Floating Toys, Arrowhead Leg 1, Hickory Creek, TX 75065, ☎ 214-621-8499, . 8am-9pm. Flying and Floating Toys offers boat and jet ski rentals, parasail rides and powered parachute rides at Lake Lewisville, about 15-20 minutes east of Grapevine. Open 7 days a week from March thru October. Prices, pictures, driving directions on the website: www.FlyingAndFloatingToys.com or call 214-621-8499 edit
- Sea Life Centre  Located at the Grapevine Mills Mall, this aquarium features a 360° underwater ocean tunnel amd more than 5,000 sea creatures.
- Grapevine Mills  3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, in Grapevine. Large indoor outlet mall with close to 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Other major Dallas-area outlet malls are located in Allen, to the north, and Hillsboro, to the south.
- Biscuit's Cafe 322 S. Park Blvd.  Great breakfasts. A better alternative to IHOP.
See the entry for wineries above.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW Airport North-Grapevine, 1750 North Hwy. 121, +1-972-471-5000, . This 94 room hotel has a pool, 24-hour gym, 24-hour business center, and 600 sq. ft. of meeting space. They offer free hot breakfast and WiFi, and free 24 hour shuttle service within three miles of the hotel, as well as to and from the DFW Airport.
- Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, 205 W State Hwy. 114, +1-817-421-1172, . This 110 room hotel has a pool, 24-hour gym, 24-hour business center, and 2,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, and free WiFi. The on-site Great American Grill restaurant serves cooked-to-order breakfast and dinner in a relaxed atmosphere, and also offers evening room service and catering. This hotel offers complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to all Grapevine attractions within five miles of the hotel, including DFW Airport.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-DFW Airport N-Grapevine, 2214 Grapevine Mills Circle West, +1-972-691-2427, . This 98 room extended stay, all-suite hotel has a pool, 24-hour gym, 24-hour business center, and 1,250 sq. ft. of meeting space. They offer complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi, and grocery shopping service, and are located within walking distance from Grapevine Mills Mall. They offer a complimentary shuttle within five miles of the hotel, and to and from the airport.
- Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North at Outdoor World, 2401 Bass Pro Drive, ☎ 972-724-2600, . Experience the perfect blend of comfort and convenience at the Embassy Suites Dallas – DFW Airport North at Outdoor World. The hotel is just north of the Dallas/Fort World International Airport in the charming suburb of Grapevine, Texas. edit
- AmeriSuites Dallas/DFW Airport North, 2220 West Grapevine Mills Circle, (972) 691-1199,  Located just one mile from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and 15 miles from downtown Dallas.
- Garden Manor Bed and Breakfast, 205 East College Street, (817) 424-9177, .
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center (Gaylord Texan), 1501 Gaylord Trail, ☎ 1-817-778-1000, . Located on Lake Grapevine, with 4.5 acres of indoor gardens and waterways under atrium glass roof. Resort has 1,384 rooms and 127 suites; 400,000 sq ft of meeting and convention space; multiple shopping, dining, and recreation options. edit
- Great Wolf Lodge, 100 Great Wolf Drive Grapevine, TX 76051, ☎ 800.693.9653, . With over 80,000 square feet of excitement, Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine is the ultimate indoor water park destination for all ages. Whether you want exciting rides, fun slides, interactive adventure games or more, Great Wolf Lodge has something for everyone. The indoor paradise is always at a pleasant 84 degrees, making it the perfect getaway for the whole family! edit
Either Dallas or Fort Worth. Camping in a number of State Parks within a two hour drive.