Gotland  is a province in the Götaland region and Sweden's largest island. It is situated in the Baltic Sea outside the southeast coast of Sweden.
There are flights all year to Visby from Stockholm and Linköping. During summer, there's also flights from Gothenburg, Oslo and Ängelholm.
- Visby is on UNESCO's World Heritage list as an "outstanding example of a Northern European walled Hanseatic town which has in a unique way preserved its townscape and its extremely valuable buildings, which in form and function clearly reflect this significant human settlement".
- Medieval Week, a large feast during a whole week in the beginning of August every year. 2008 was the 25th anniversary. More information at http://www.medeltidsveckan.se
- The politican week, also known as "Almedalsveckan" since it takes place at the large park, Almedalen, in the town of Visby. It is a week when every Swedish politician comes to Gotland to present their politics to the public.
Some typical dishes from Gotland are:
- Saffron pancake (Saffranspannkaka)
- Sheep's head (Lambskalle)
- Gotlandsdricke - local alcoholic brew