Glasgow is a town in Kentucky's Caves and Lakes. Located in the southern Kentucky, Glasgow sits at the entrance to the Western Waterland. Convenient to the sites and attractions of Bowling Green, cave country, and Louisville, Glasgow has a history and charm all its own. Founded in 1799 by a group of Revolutionary War veterans, it boasts historic homes and buildings, museums, a downtown walking/driving tour, and a Civil War fort.
Glasgow is accessable to Interstate 65 Northbound by exiting the Cumberland Pkwy (Exit 43 Glasgow-Somerset) and using Exit 11 (US 31E) or Exit 14 (KY 90). From Southbound Interstate 65 traffic can exit at KY 70-90 (Exit 53 Cave City-Glasgow).
- Buffalo Night  Barren River State Park 646-2151.
- Valentine Getaway Barren River State Park 646-2151.
- Glasgow-Barren County Home & Garden Show
- Glasgow Recreation Dept. Annual Easter Egg Hunt Beaver Trail Park 651-3811.
- Easter Egg Hunt Barren River State Park 646-2151.
- Camper's Appreciation Weekend Barren River State Park 646-2151.
- Glasgow-Barren County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament First Friday in May.
- Relay for Life Glasgow High School Second weekend in May, May 11-12, 2007.
- Barren River 5K Classic Barren River State Park
- Glasgow Highland Games  Barren River State Resort Park Weekend following Memorial Day, May 31-June 3, 2007.
- Glasgow Highland Games  Barren River State Resort Park Weekend following Memorial Day. 651-3141.
- US 68-80 Yard Sale Glasgow, Edmonton, Russellville, Bowling Green Annually the first weekend in June, June 1-3, 2007. 651-3161.
- Fourth of July Concert on the Square with the Louisville Orchestra Downtown Glasgow 651-3161.
- Third Annual Lucas Community Antique Tractor Gathering
- Fireworks Extravaganza Barren River Lake State Resort Park July 4, 2007. 646-2151.
- Barren County Fair Temple Hill, KY July 25-29, 2007. 678-5088.
- Global Fest Downtown Glasgow 1st Saturday in September. 651-7905.
- Industry Appreciation Week Mid-September.
- Industry Appreciation Breakfast Glasgow Golf & Country Club 651-3161.
- 31-W Treasure Hunt Sale 670-3741.
- Industry Appreciation Luncheon and Golf Outing Barren River Lake State Park 651-3161.
- Community Health & Safety Fair WKU-Glasgow Campus 651-4745.
- Glasgow B&PW Arts, Crafts & Gifts Fair Downtown Glasgow 651-3161.
- A Taste of Barren County Cave City Convention Center 651-3161
- Roller Coaster Fair Glasgow, Temple Hill, Tompkinsville, Edmonton First weekend in October. 678-5088 or 651-3161.
- Cruise In on the Square Downtown Glasgow Second Saturday in October. 651-3338 or (800) 370-7819.
- Bluegrass In The Barrens Beaver Trail Park, Glasgow 651-3811.
- Glasgow Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis Barren County High School 651-3161 or 678-5955.
- Great American Heart Walk Southgate Plaza Shopping Center (800) 242-8721.
- Light-Up Glasgow Downtown Glasgow 651-3161.
- Nighttime Christmas Parade First Saturday in December. 651-3161.
- Fox Hollow Golf Club 280 Clubhouse Ln. 678-7277. .
Priddy Boys Guide Service,
Check us out
- Antique Alley, 599 South L. Rogers Wells Blvd 651-1134.
- Arts & Antique Gallery, 207 West Main St.
- Awards Inc., East Public Square.
- Back Door Primitives, 115 East Front St., 659-3182.
- D & M Quilting Shop, 20 Flint Knob Rd. (Just past airport on KY 90), 678-2568. Quilting supplies and fabric, collectable knives.
- Green Leaf Nursery, 2918 Scottsville Rd., 678-4662. M-Sa 8:00-4:30; Su 1-4:30.
- Hidden Attic Antiques & More, 509 Columbia Ave., 651-8829. M-Sa 9-5
- Hunt's Antiques & Collectibles, 1 East Main St.
- J & J Collectibles, 119 Adairland Ct., 651-3630. M and W from 10AM-4PM.
- Jewelry Barn & Pawn Shop, 211 North L. Rogers Well Blvd., 781-1194
- Mary Anne's Hallmark, Barren River Plaza, 651-6004. M-Sa 9:30AM-8PM; Su 1PM-5PM.
- PMC Jewelers, Reynolds Rd.
- Scrapbook Village,  4108 Scottsville Rd., 678-7171. M-F 9AM-7PM Sat 9:00-5:00.
- Terri’s Diamonds & Fine Jewelry, 111 West Public Square, 659-0284.
- The Baby Boutique, 110 Rogers Rd., 629-5085. Baby and children's clothing-up to size 5.
- The Lollipop Tree, 103 Rogers Rd., 670-9378. Baby and children's clothing-up to size 5.
- Tick-Tock Shop, 109 West Public Square 629-2562.
- Unique Gifts, Inc., 1101 Cleveland Ave., 651-6882. M-F 8:30AM-5:30PM; Sa 9AM-4PM.
- Wilson's Antiques & Collectibles, 221 North Race St.
- China King Buffet 106 Shane Dr. 659-9888.
- Evergreen Chinese Restaurant 803 Happy Valley Rd. 651-9299.
- New Century Buffet 936 Happy Valley Rd. 629-6888.
- Tray II 224 L. Rogers Wells Blvd. 651-1060.
- Food Lion #492 Highland Commons Shopping Center, US 31E Bypass 651-1718.
- Houchens #1 619 South L. Rogers Well Blvd. 651-7577.
- Rascal Deli & Food Mart 1113 Cleveland Ave. 651-9865.
- Sweetheart Bakery 228 Shane Dr. 659-2172.
- Wal-Mart Deli 3456 Happy Valley Rd. 678-1003.
- A Little Taste of Texas  303 S. Broadway 659-2441.
- Barren River Lake State Park, 1149 State Park Rd., Lucas, 646-2151, .
- BBQ Hut 594 Reynolds Rd., 659-2933.
- Big Moose's Bar-B-Q, 525 W. Main St., 651-1913.
- Bolton's Landing, 200 Calvary Dr., (next door to Days Inn and behind Shoney’s), 651-8008.
- Bully's Country House Restaurant, 5604 Scottsville Rd., 646-2203.
- Cheyenne's Old Fort Restaurant, 131 E. Main St., 629-2829.
- Dry Fork Barbecue, Roseville Rd. (just beyond KY 921), Dry Fork.
- Gale 'n' Dale's, 405 Happy Valley Rd., 651-2489.
- George J's On the Square, 144 E. Public Square, 651-2161.
- Goodnight Inn, 70 Goodnight Rd., Cave City, 42127 678-4165.
- Grace Hall's, 128 S. Public Square, 650-0077.
- Holy Smokes BBQ, 4363 Scottsville Rd., 678-1770.
- Honey's Bar-B-Q, 6641 Scottsville Rd., 646-4906.
- Mancino's Grinders & Pizza, 302 Rogers Rd., 651-6500.
- Pedigo's Country Buffet, 5947 Scottsville Rd., 646-2505.
- Pedigo's Drive-In, 628 E. Main St., 651-5019.
- Scotty's BBQ, 313 Main St., Fountain Run, 434-2200.
- Southern Restaurant & Deli 1201 W. Main St., 651-8537.
- St. Charles Kitchen, 106 W. Cherry St., 651-2922.
- The Bar-Q-Place, 1499 Burkesville Rd., 651-6266.
- Theodosia’s Team Room - Hall Place, 313 S. Green St., 651-3176.
- Tumbleweed Southwest Grill, 205 North L. Rogers Wells Blvd., 659-2411, .
- El Mazatlan, 758 W. Cherry St., 651-7799, .
- Los Mariachis W. Main St., 629-3229, .
Glasgow and Barren County are dry. The city of Glasgow, though not the surrounding county, does allow sales of alcohol by the drink in larger restaurants (seating at least 100). Nearby Cave City also allows sales by the drink in restaurants, but not package sales. The nearest wet community, allowing full retail sales, is the city of Bowling Green.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Four Seasons Country Inn, 4107 Scottsville Rd., 678-1000, .
- Governor Leslie Bed & Breakfast, 513 E. Main St., 231-7671.
- Hall Place Bed and Breakfast, 313 S. Green St., 651-3176, .
- The Happy Valley Inn, 500 Happy Valley Rd., 651-5177.
- Old Victorian Bed & Breakfast, 408 N. Race St. 651-1433.
- Towne Inn, 604 Happy Valley Rd. 651-2169.
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park, 1149 State Park Rd., Lucas, 646-2151, .
- Comfort Inn, 210 Calvery Dr., 651-9099, .
- Days Inn, 105 Days Inn Blvd., 651-1757, .
Pet Daycare & Boarding
- Doggy Days & Cat Nap Acres, 4710 Tompkinsville Rd., 678-5830, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!