Revision as of 13:29, 12 January 2009
Giridih, is headquarters of the district of the same name in Jharkhand. It is a mining town and a poupular health resort.
- By rail - 38 km from Madhupur on the Howrah-Delhi main line. Madhupur is 294 km from Kolkata. There is a branch line from Madhupur to Giridih. There is single passenger train which run 5 times during the day and it takes about an hour to reach Giridih. Parasnath railway station, on the Howrah-Delhi grand chord line, is 48 km from Giridih. The adjacent town is called Isri, it is on Grand Trunk Road.
- By bus - regular buses connect it with Munger, Dhanbad, Bhagalpur, Koderma and other places. Dumri on Grand Trunk Road (NH 2) is about 45 km from Giridih.
- Usri Falls – 11 km away from Giridh, tongas are available as the main local transport here.A famous picnic spot situated about 13 kms east of Giridih town Amidst in the range of the famous Parasnath Hills ,the Usri River gushes down from a steep gorge , some 40 feet high in three separate streams .
How to reach: Nearest Railway Station is Giridih. Taxi ,Auto Rikshaw and Tanga are available from railway Station and bus Stand.
- Khandoli – 8 km from Giridh, it is a water reservoir, one of the best sites for water-related adventure sports and bird watching.
A water reservoir some 8 km North-East of Giridih headquater is one of the best site for water related adventure sports and bird-watching.
A watch tower and 600 feet high hillock offers a panoramic view of Khandoli site.Elephant and Camel Safari and numbers of other amusement facilities are available there including boating ,
Rock-climbing Parasailing and Kayaking.
How to reach: Nearest railway station is Giridih. Taxi are available from railway station and bus stand.
- Madhuban – 8 km from Giridh, it is a water reservoir, one of the best sites for water-related adventure sports and bird watching.
The Village which lies in pirtand block has a famous temple believed to be more than 2000 years old. It is a place of considerable religious importance for the jain.
The Samosharan temple and Bhomiyaji Asthan are two very famous Jain temple.There is a Jain Museum at Madhuban which houses a number of Jain scriptures,Idiols and manuscript
One can view the clear sight of Parasnath Temple using the telescope installed at the balcony of the museum.
How to reach: This is the highest mountain of the Jharkhand. Its height is about 1365 metre. It is also called as Sri Sammed Sikhar (By Jain people). This mountain is situated about 27 km far from Giridih and 176 km from Ranchi in Madhuban Madhuban is about 20-25 km far from Parasnath Railway station and Giridih Railway Station The Nearest Railway Station is Parasnath on Howrah-Mugalsarai Grand chord line. Taxi,Mini Bus etc are available for this place.
- HariHar Dham – This is a famous Shivlinga temple A small hamlet about 60kms South-west of Giridih district headquarter under Bagodar Block possesses the largest Shiva Linga of India..
Its height is 65 ft. People from all over India come here every year on Shrawan Purnima to worship.
- Enjoy scenic beauty of Khandoli dam,Watch classic movies in Moti theater, have good food at Madhuban or Gally Hotel.
- If you are old and retired, Giridih is a nice place to spent rest of your life in peace and harmony.
- Parasnath is one of the famous holy place for Jain people.
Kheerkadam from any of these shops tripti, natraj.
- chand (alam), c/o bhandaridih,giridih. water fall is also a good place for tourist
- Madhuban Vegis (Vegetarian)
- Nikhar Hotel
- Khalsa Hindu Hotel
- Lakshmi Hotel
- Sinha Hotel
- Nandan Hotel
- Padam Hotel.
- Bewakuf Hotel
- Hotel Galy
- Red Chille
sweets & snacks
- Milan Bar
- Shivam Dhaba
- Rimjhim Bar
- Hotel Swagat, Telephone +91 6532 226 207, Rooms Rs 200-500.
- Hotel Kaveri, Telephone +91 6532 228384, Rooms Rs. 200-300.
- Hotel Manas Sarovar, Telephone +91 6532 228152, Rooms Rs. 300-600.
- Hotel Galy International, Telephone +91 6532 250140, Rooms Rs. 300-600.
- Parasnath Hills – about 40 km from Giridh, it is a Jain pilgrimage centre.
- Deoghar – 112 km, it is Hindu pilgrimage centre.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!