|(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
| || |
*<sleep name="Otel Kaan" alt="" address="Osmanağa Cad. Çapulacılar Sok 8" directions="" phone="
0454 212 65 14" url="http://otelkaan.com" checkin="" checkout=" 12pm" price="" lat="" long="">Central, no-frills one-star hotel. Reasonably priced with wi-fi and free parking at adjacent garage.</sleep> |+|
*<sleep name="Otel Kaan" alt="" address="Osmanağa Cad. Çapulacılar Sok 8" directions="" phone="2126514" url="http://otelkaan.com" checkin="" checkout="" price="" lat="" long="">Central, no-frills one-star hotel . with wi-fi and free parking at adjacent garage.</sleep>
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 13:15, 25 March 2012
Giresun is a city in eastern Turkish Black Sea coast.
The name of "cherry" in many languages (including English itself) derives from the ancient name of Giresun—Kerasus—as the city was where cherries were first exported to Europe, during Roman times.
Giresun today has a population of about 115,000, and has a relatively liberal culture compared with its neighbours in Eastern Karadeniz.
Giresun lies on the coastal highway D010, about 175 km west of Trabzon, the major city of Eastern Karadeniz.
The closest commercial airport is Trabzon Airport, TZX. From there you can take a bus or service shuttle to Giresun.
- Citadel (Giresun Kalesi). A well-preserved citadel in city centre.
- Giresum Museum (Giresun Müzesi), Atatürk Bulv. 62 (below the citadel, close to the waterfront), ☎ +90 454 212-13-22 (email@example.com, fax: +90 454 212-54-75), . M-F 8AM-5PM. Housed in a Greek cathedral dating back to 18th century, overlooking the sea and with a view of the island. 3 TL; under 17 and over 65 yrs free.
- Giresun Island (Giresun Adası). Except for tiny rocks, this is the only Turkish island in the Black Sea. Situated 1.2 km offshore, it is possible to rent a boat to the island from the city. Surrounded by verdant bushes and trees of the island are the ruins of a roofless temple and some fortifications, which are believed to be used by Amazons, a legendary clan of all-female warriors who terrorized the lands around the Black Sea in ancient times.
With plenty of bars, Giresun has a relatively lively nightlife, and the destination of weekend trips for many regional visitors from nearby cities of Ordu and Trabzon.
- Otel Kaan, Osmanağa Cad. Çapulacılar Sok 8, ☎ +90 454 212-65-14, . checkout: noon. Central, no-frills one-star hotel in a side street. Very good value, with buffet breakfast, wi-fi and free parking at adjacent garage.
- Otel Kale, (up a steep cobblestoned street leading to the university). Basic, no-star, clean, free wi-fi, cheapest option.
- Hotel Kit-Tur, (on the main shopping street leading 100 meters uphill from the harbor). 3-star, but with low prices, very good value.
Telephone code of Giresun is (+90) 454.