| || |
'''Motel 6 ''', 6110 Monterey Highway , ''+1 408 '' 842-6061 , Fax: ''+1 408 '' 842-6020 , [http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.asp?MotelId=0025 ]. |+|
* Motel 66110 Monterey Highway+1 408 842-6061+1 408 842-6020http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.asp?MotelId=0025
| || |
Revision as of 02:16, 20 November 2006
Gilroy is in the southern part of Santa Clara County south of San Jose in California. It is in the South Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Gilroy is located about 35 miles south of San Jose International Airport.
- July -- Gilroy Garlic Festival, . The country's largest festival devoted to everything garlic. Garlic plushies, garlic ice cream, garlic weavings, garlic wine, garlic-till-you're-sick. The last full weekend of July.
- Bonfante Gardens, 3050 Hecker Pass Hwy, +1 408 840-7100, . Open from mid-spring to mid-fall. A theme park whose theme is plants, agriculture, and local history. Best for people interested in gardens, and for families with younger children. Like Legoland, the rides here do not cater to teenagers or older.
- Chitactac-Adams Heritage County Park  is an interesting little park where the Ohlone people lived for several thousend years. It's not a destination by itself, but if you're in the area ...
- Visit some local wineries.
Gilroy is known for its outlets. 145 outlet stores (at last count) draw people from near and far. Located at 681 Leavesly Rd., Gilroy, CA 95020. If you're in the mood for shopping, the outlets are easy to see just off 101. For more details about individual stores, see 
- Motel 6, 6110 Monterey Highway, ☎ +1 408 842-6061 (fax: +1 408 842-6020), .