Gilbert  is a Town in the Greater Phoenix region of Arizona. It has a population of more than 170,000.
- Cosmo Dog Park, 2502 E. Ray Road, . 5:30am=10pm. One of the best dog parks in the nation. Lake for the dogs to play in. Separate areas for active and timid dogs. Ramadas, tables and benches available. Lighted for use at night. free.
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch, 2757 E. Guadalupe Road (just east of Southeast Library), . sunrise - sunset. Walking paths through a series of ponds. Bring your camera, several hundred different types of birds come here every year. The park also contains an observatory, dinosaur find and archeology find areas. Year-round fishing at the Water Ranch Lake (permits required). free.
- Gilbert Historical Museum, 10 S. Gilbert Rd (SW corner of Gilbert and Elliot Rds), . 9am-4pm. Variety of exhibits centered around the founding and growth of the Town of Gilbert. $5 adults - $4 seniors - $3 children - under 5 free.
- Hale Centre Theatre, 50 W. Page Ave, ☎ 480-497-1181, . Theatre-in-the-round. Does a season with plays, musicals and children's theatre. Prices vary. Special group rates are available.
- Farm House Restaurant 228 N Gilbert Rd., (480) 926-0676. Fresh breakfasts served daily. Many travelers go out of their way to make a stop here.
- Liberty Market, 230 N. Gilbert Rd, ☎ (480) 892-1900, . Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Local favorite. No reservations. Moderately priced. Restrooms are a must see.
- Joe's Real Barbeque (Joe's Real BBQ), 301 N. Gilbert Rd, ☎ 480-503-3805, . 11am-9pm. Great bbq, atmosphere. Another local favorite. No reservations but plenty of room both indoors and out. Excellent value for the price. Can handle parties of almost any size. Take out and catering. moderate.
- Joe's Farm Grill, 3000 Ray Road, ☎ 480-563-4745, . 7am-9pm. American food using vegetables grown on the farm. Featured on the Food Network. Built on an existing farm, they left the gigantic cottonwood trees which makes eating outdoors a real pleasure. Portions are large. moderate.
- Flancers Cafe, 610 N. Gilbert Rd, ☎ 480-926-9077. Without question the best sandwiches in Gilbert. Take-out available. You can also buy their famous bread to take home and make your own sandwiches. moderate.
- Lulu's Taco Shop, 610 N. Gilbert Rd, ☎ 480-545-8219. Mexican. Some of the best Mexican food in Gilbert. Open for breakfast and lunch. Excellent breakfast burritos.
- Some Burros!, Market Street and Williams Field Rd, ☎ 480-497-TACO, . 10:30am-10pm. Excellent portion sizes for exceptional food. Family owned and run business with four locations in the Valley. Macha burros are always a favorite. Dining indoors or out. Takeout available. Moderate pricing.
- Euro Cafe (Romeo's Euro Cafe), 207 N. Gilbert Rd. Suite 105 (Entrance is at rear of building), ☎ 480-962-4224, . 10am-11pm. International and eclectic foods. Excellent wine list. Offers food and wine pairing and wine makers dinners for $45 a person, reservations required in advance. Excellent dessert menu. Caters. Moderate pricing.
- Phoenicia Cafe II (Phoenicia Cafe), 1150 S. Gilbert Rd, Ste 104 (across from City Hall), ☎ 480-503-4976, . 7am-11am Tues-Sat 8am-1pm Sun. Greek and Mediterranean food. Excellent lunch menu with buffet. Now serving breakfast. Also have a Tempe location. Take out available. moderate.
- Liberty Market, 230 N Gilbert Rd, ☎ (480) 892-1900, . Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Take-out available. American food, moderately priced. Restrooms are a must see.