Gijon  (Spanish: Gijón) is a coastal city in Asturias province in northwest Spain. It lies close to the cities of Aviles and Oviedo.
The weather in Gijón is not like much of the rest of Spain. Gijón is on the northern coast of Spain were it is wet and very hot in summer.
You can get to Gijón by plane at the airport in Avilés (OVD) (about 30 minutes by bus or car from Gijón), by train with the Spanish company RENFE, by car, by bus with ALSA or by boat.
You can visit the city by car, on foot, by bicycle through its bike lanes or by Segway, personal transport with autobalance. You can rent segways on the city and make guided tours around it.
The city has inter-city buses. The ticket costs 1.10€. During Eastern Holidays and Summer you can enjoy the city on a touristic buswhich makes a route with stops on the principal tourism resources like Railway Museum, Isabel La Catolica Park, Laboral City of Culture, Botanical Gardens.
- Acuario de Gijon - The Aquarium
- The Marina
- Museo de ferrocarril - Train museum (not open on Mondays, free entrance on Sundays).
- You can start your day with a walk along the San Lorenzo`s beach and stop to have breakfast in any cafeteria.
- Semana Negra Festival in July.
- Casino de Asturias - Also a concert venue.
- Go Karting in the Los Fresnos Centro Comercial on an indoor, multi level track.
The seafood is excellent in Gijón.
- Drink Cider (called sidra) is the local beverage of choice in Gijón.
- La Casona de Jovellanos, Plazoleta Jovellanos, 1, 33201 - Gijón - Asturias, Spain, . La Casona de Jovellanos offers travelers and guests a comfortable and cozy accommodations. El Chigre, their famous restaurant offers unique environment for people who appreciates good food. They serve good home cooked meals and you'll get the chane to taste the traditional dishes offered only in Asturias.
- Mirador de Deva Hotel, Deva - Serantes, Gijon, Asturias, 33394 , Spain, ☎ (00 34) 985131578. AMirador de Deva Hotel is in the district of Deva in the coastal industrial city of Gijón in Asturias. Museo de la Gaita, Nicanor Piñole Museum, and Evaristo Valle Museum are some of the nearby museums. A trip to the Atlantic Botanical Garden, located just five minutes from the hotel, is sure to make your vacation truly unforgettable. You can enjoy the lush landscape as you stroll along the neighboring trails of Mirador de Deva. Best rates on official website start at EUR €65.
- Hotel Playa Poniente, Calle Marqués de San Esteban, 49 Gijon, Asturias, 33206 Spain, ☎ 985 34 60 63, . Hotel Playa Poniente is strategically located at the center of Gijón, just 20 meters off the Poniente Beach and Marina. It is likewise close to the Council of Proaza and Restaurant Traslavilla. Rates start at EUR €35+.