Ghaziabad is in Uttar Pradesh in India. As its boundary is adjacent to Delhi, it acts as the main entrance of Uttar Pradesh and that is why it is also called the Gateway of Uttar Pradesh.
The nearest airport is the Indira Gandhi International airport which is about 45 km away in Delhi.
Ghaziabad is well-connected on all sides to Delhi, NOIDA, Hapur, Modinagar, Meerut, Saharanpur, Haridwar, etc. A large number of people commute to Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida and Gurgaon everyday for work. There are bus terminuses at Mohan Nagar, Lohia Nagar, Vasundhara and close to Meerut Road from where Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses serve cities over the state.
Ghaziabad is also well-connected to all parts of the country through railway line. It is a railway junction and several lines pass through Ghaziabad. The Main railway station is situated in the middle of the city. The city is very well connected to Delhi and other neighbouring cities through Fast Moving Local Trains called EMU. Several trains connect Ghaziabad to Meerut, Aligarh, Delhi, New delhi, Faridabad, Palwal, Mathura, etc.
By the year 2009 September Metro trains will be running in Ghaziabad. It will extend its journey from Anand Vihar to Vaishali.
The place was founded in 1740 by the vizir, Ghazi-ud-din, who called it Ghaziuddinnagar after himself and built a spacious sarai consisting of 120 rooms of masonry with pointed arches. Only the gate, a few portions of the boundary wall and a massive pillar about fourteen feet in height remains now, the precincts now being inhabited. His masoleum still stands in the city but is in a bad state of preservation. The Jat raja, Surajmal, killed near the city by the Rohillas in 1763. An encounter between the freedom fighters and a small British force took place here in May, 1857, in which the former were defeated while trying to hold the Hindon. After the opening the railway line the name of the place was shortened to Ghaziabad.
Before 14 November 1976 Ghaziabad was the Tehsil of District Meerut. The then chief minister Mr. N.D.Tiwari decalered Ghaziabad as a district on 14 November 1976, on the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first prime minister of India. From then Ghaziabad has moved forward leaps and bounds on the social, economic, agriculture and individual front.
Ghaziabad, the headquarter of the district of the same name, lies on the Grand Trunk road about a mile east of the Hindon river, 19 km east of Delhi and 46 km southwest of Meerut with which it is connected by a metalled road.
- Ghanta Ghar & Turab Nagar Mkt. gugy
- IMAX dome, (In Pacific Mall). The only IMAX dome of north India.
- Silver City Mall, Bulandshar Road (Near Lal Kuan). Multiplex with three screens.
- Shipra Mall, (In Indirapuram). Once the biggest mall in india in terms of floor carpet area.
- EDM, (Next to Anand Vihar Bas Stand). It is one of the first big malls in Ghaziabad.
- Pacific Mall Kaushambi, (Next to EDM Mall). One of the unique mall in Ghaziabad.
- Wave, Noida (Near Dabur Crossing).
- SM World, (In Shalimar Garden).
- Adlabs Vaishali, (Next to Bhusan Steel Company).
- Shipra Mall. This is one of the best malls in NCR. This is in Gaziabad but just touching sec-62 Noida you can visit this mall.
- Flea markets. Ghaziabad is filled with flea markets like Turab Nagar and Ganta Ghar.
- Aditya Mega City Mall, Indirapuram.
- Sankalp, (Raj Nagar). South Indian speciality.
- Champions, (Raj Nagar). Restaurant and bar.
- Domino's Pizza, (Raj Nagar).
- Cafe Coffee Day, (Raj Nagar).
- Vaishno Dhaba, (Sector 10 Market). Veg Punjabi food.
- K's Cafe, (Sector 10 Market). Mexican and Italian.
- Om Sweets, (Sector 10 Market). Chaats.
- Donald's Bakery, (En route to Sector 10 Market). Cakes and Bakes.
- Baskin Robbin's, (En route to Sector 10 Market). Ice creams.
- Snow World, (Kavi Nagar). Ice cream Parlour.
- Bikanerwala, (Near Turab Nagar).
- Lets Noodle, (Indirapuram And Opening Shortly In Mahagun Metro Mall), (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 11:00 am to 11:00 pm. Awesome Chinese Food!
- There is a South Indian restaurant next to Palwal on the highway to Agra, offering so delicious but so costly dosa and idly's.
- Jain Shikanji Wala, (midway on the road to Meerut). Once a small shop selling shikanji, this is today a full fledged stop.
Ghaziabad is famous for one of the best institutions in the country
- IMT Ghaziabad - Among the top 10 B-Schools in India
Ghaziabad is famous for good number of colleges and schools
- KDB Public School, Kavi Nagar
- Amity International School, Vasundhara
- G.D. Goenka Public School
- Krishna Institute Of Engineering & Technology (KIET) 
- IME College 
- IPEC College
- IPS college
- Ingraham Institue
- Ideal Institute of Technology
- Holy Child School
- SIPS school
- DAV school
- Khaitan school
- Holly Angels school
- Cambridge School Indirapuram
- Mewar Institute
- Academy of Business and Engineering Sciences (ABES)
- Robin's Academy
- Jaipuria Public school, Vasundhra
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Plot No.1, Kaushambi (In Kaushambi on the top floors of the East Delhi Mall), ☎ +91 120 4423232, . checkin: noon; checkout: noon. Refreshing interiors and landscaped gardens. Centrally air conditioned hotel offering 55 rooms and suites with a large banquet and meeting center, business center, multi-cuisine coffee shop, fitness center and swimming pool.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sahibabad (Near Vasundhara), ☎ 4180000, .
- Clarks Inn, ☎ 3002020, .