Geilo is a small town and skiresort in Buskerud. Geilo is one of the best known and most populare skiing areas in Scandinavia - but is also a highly cherished area for summer and autumn activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, glacier walk and more. At an elevation of 794 m (2605 ft) the ski season does not end until late april or early may. Geilo is a small town and has few shops and entertainment spots. The town centre includes several sport shops, tourist information, supermarkets, cafés & restaurants, newsagents and a range of other shops. Down the road there is a small cinema, library, and school. There is also a large sports hall (Geilohallen), which is also the cross country club (Geilo IL). Behind the building is a floodlit prepared cross country track, and a biathlon shooting range.
For a small town there is a large choice of hotels and apartments. One of the hotels is one of Norway’s most famous, Dr Holms. Others include the Bardøla, Vestlia, which is on the door step of Geilolia ski centre, Ustedalen and the Highland Hotel. You will also find plenty of cabins and apartments for rent in Geilo - most on a self catering basis. Geilolia Cabins & Apartments, Kikut and Geilo Apartement is some of the main suppliers for the self catering marked.
Earlier there was an small airport at Dagali, this is now only open for small private planes. So the closest option is Fagernes airport (IATA: VDB). Or Oslo airport.
Geilo is on the Oslo-Bergen line. The train use 3 hour and 40 minutes from Oslo.
Geilo is on route 7. Distance from Oslo is 243 km (151 mi). Geilo is on the end of route 40 from Kongsberg. Another option is route 50 from Flåm.
- Geilolia National Park View, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien , 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Hallingskarvet View 03 – 06 pm 25 June - 15 August Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Geilolia Summer Park has an open chair lift, which will take you up to the top of Geilolia. This is a wonderful vantage point for photography, with views over Norway’s most famous national park. Then you have the choice of going down in the lift or walking along our nature trail.This event is suitable for everyone! Price: Adults: NOK 50.- Round trip: NOK 65.- Children: NOK 30.- Round trip: NOK 45.-
- Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Summer Park is open for visitor from mid-June til mid-August. The Summer park is a natural starting point for fishing, hiking and biking trips. We also have canoe and bike rental. The Geilolia Tree Top Walk (High course rope) is one of the biggest you will find in Norway, with a 150 metres zip line. You will also find a childrens play area, open cafeteria, summer lift, rafting, golf, spa and other activities at Geilolia Summer Park.
- Bike Rental, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Cycle hire 09 am – 08 pm Daily 25 June - 15 August Cycles are available for hire at Geilolia Summer Park. The Arena is a great starting point for lovely cycling tours in the region, such as the one round the Ustedal fjord. Suitable for: Everyone Price: Town bike from NOK 99.- per day
- Canoe Hire, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Canoe hire 09 am - 08 pm Daily 25 June - 15 August There are a number of canoes for hire at Geilolia Summer Park. They are easily accessible on the Ustedal fjord. Fishing tackle can also be hired and fishing permits are sold at Geilolia Summer Park. Suitable for: Everyone Price: NOK 100.- per hour. Including lifejacket and paddles.
- Bardøla Høyfjellshotell, Bardølavegen 33, ☎ +47 32094100 (email@example.com, fax: +47 32094501), .
- Dr Holms Hotel, Timrehaugvegen 2, ☎ +47 32095700 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32091620), .
- Norlandia Geilo Hotell, Gamlevegen 2, ☎ +47 32090511 (email@example.com, fax: +47 32091730), .
- Thon Hotel Highland, Lienvegen 11, ☎ +47 32096100 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32096101).
- Ustedalen Hotell, Gamleveen 32, ☎ +47 32096700 (email@example.com, fax: +47 32096701), .
- Geilolia Cabins & Apartments, Bakkestølveien, ☎ 0047 3209 0000, . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 11.00. Geilolia Cabins are situated next to Geilolia Ski Centre and Summer Park.Cabins with 6-12 beds. Geilolia Apartments are situated at the town centre of Geilo - within walking distance to shops, restaurants and activities. The apartments sleep 4-7 people. For further information firstname.lastname@example.org
Geilolia Cabins & Apartments. Phone: +47 3209 0000 / email@example.com