| || |
Geilolia Cabins & Apartments. Phone: +47 3209 0000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
GeiloliaCabins & Apartments. Phone: +47 3209 0000 / email@example.com
| || |
Revision as of 13:03, 10 June 2009
Geilo is a small town and skiresort in Buskerud. Geilo is one of the best known and most populare skiing areas in Scandinavia - but is also a highly cherished area for summer and autumn activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, glacier walk and more. At an elevation of 794 m (2605 ft) the ski season does not end until late april or early may. Geilo is a small town and has few shops and entertainment spots. The town centre includes several sport shops, tourist information, supermarkets, cafés & restaurants, newsagents and a range of other shops. Down the road there is a small cinema, library, and school. There is also a large sports hall (Geilohallen), which is also the cross country club (Geilo IL). Behind the building is a floodlit prepared cross country track, and a biathlon shooting range.
For a small town there is a large choice of hotels and apartments. One of the hotels is one of Norway’s most famous, Dr Holms. Others include the Bardøla, Vestlia, which is on the door step of Geilolia ski centre, Ustedalen and the Highland Hotel. You will also find plenty of cabins and apartments for rent in Geilo - most on a self catering basis. Geilolia Cabins & Apartments, Kikut and Geilo Apartement is some of the main suppliers for the self catering marked.
Earlier there was an small airport at Dagali, this is now only open for small private planes. So the closest option is Fagernes airport (IATA: VDB). Or Oslo airport.
Geilo is on the Oslo-Bergen line. The train use 3 hour and 40 minutes from Oslo.
Geilo is on route 7. Distance from Oslo is 243 km (151 mi). Geilo is on the end of route 40 from Kongsberg. Another option is route 50 from Flåm.
- Geilolia National Park View, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien , 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Hallingskarvet View 03 – 06 pm 25 June - 15 August Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Geilolia Summer Park has an open chair lift, which will take you up to the top of Geilolia. This is a wonderful vantage point for photography, with views over Norway’s most famous national park. Then you have the choice of going down in the lift or walking along our nature trail.This event is suitable for everyone! Price: Adults: NOK 50.- Round trip: NOK 65.- Children: NOK 30.- Round trip: NOK 45.-
- Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Summer Park is open for visitor from mid-June til mid-August. The Summer park is a natural starting point for fishing, hiking and biking trips. We also have canoe and bike rental. The Geilolia Tree Top Walk (High ropes courses) is one of the biggest you will find in Norway, with a 150 metres zip line. You will also find a childrens play area, open cafeteria, summer lift, rafting, golf, spa and other activities at Geilolia Summer Park.
- Bike Rental, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Cycle hire 09 am – 08 pm Daily 25 June - 15 August Cycles are available for hire at Geilolia Summer Park. The Arena is a great starting point for lovely cycling tours in the region, such as the one round the Ustedal fjord. Suitable for: Everyone Price: Town bike from NOK 99.- per day
- Canoe Hire, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Canoe hire 09 am - 08 pm Daily 25 June - 15 August There are a number of canoes for hire at Geilolia Summer Park. They are easily accessible on the Ustedal fjord. Fishing tackle can also be hired and fishing permits are sold at Geilolia Summer Park. Suitable for: Everyone Price: NOK 100.- per hour. Including lifejacket and paddles.
- Rafting, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Rafting at 10.35 am (the bus departs) Daily 25 June - 15 August Geilolia Summer Park and Serious Fun cooperate to give you the best rafting on the Numedalslågen. Join in anything from a family trip just for fun to challenging extreme rafting. The guides are among the best in the world when it comes to safety and experience. It will be an unforgettable experience! Suitable for: Ages 8+ Price: From NOK 350.- per person Guide & equipment included.
- Childrens Play Park, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Play park 09 am – 08 pm (06 pm) Daily 25 June - 15 August We want all the family to enjoy themselves at Geilolia, so we added an outdoor playland, where the youngest in the family can scamper about while Mum and Dad relax. Suitable for: Everyone Price: Free
- Geilolia Tree Top Walk / High Ropes Courses, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Treetop Walk (High Ropes Courses) 12 – 6 pm Daily 25 June - 15 August This year’s great new feature in Geilo! The Treetop Walk is one of the largest in Norway, and offers 29 different challenges with varying degrees of difficulty. It includes zip lines (aerial runways), and one is a thrilling 150 metres long! Suitable for: Everyone taller than 140cm Price: NOK 250.- per person Instructor & equipment included.
- Geilolia Bungee Trampoline, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Bungee trampoline 09 am – 08 pm (6 pm) Daily 25 June - 15 August The bungee trampoline at Geilolia Summer Park is another feature which bigger children will enjoy. Up to four people can jump at the same time. Suitable for: Everyone weighing between 20-90kg. Price: NOK 50.- per person for 5 minutes
- Horse riding, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Horse riding 03 – 05 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 25 June – 15 August. Geilolia Summer Park offers rides for children three days a week. The route is laid out so that parents can go with their children when they are accompanied by an approved riding instructor from Geilo Riding Centre. You can also book longer rides from Geilolia Summer Park. Suitable for: Everyone Price: NOK. 85.- per round (approx. 10 minutes)
- Family BBQ-Trip, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Barbecue trip for all the family 03 – 05 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 25 June - 15 August Together with the ‘Mountain pilot’ from Høve Støtt, Geilolia Summer Park invites you to have fun on a trip to the top of Geilolia. We walk in towards the Hakkesett mountain farm and pause along the way to look at the exciting things around us. All the family will enjoy the trip and probably learn something new. Suitable for: Everyone Price: NOK 100.- per person NOK NOK 250.- per family (2 adults, 2 children)
- Glacier Walk, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Glacier walking 10.15 am Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday 25 June - 15 August. Go for a long, exciting walk with Geilolia Summer Park and the Mountain pilot! The route goes in towards Finse and then to the famous Hardanger glacier with its fabulous blue ice. This is a very exciting chance if you want to see southern Norway from the roof of the world. Our guide has all the necessary certificates to make sure you can feel safe all the way. Price: NOK 590.- per person Including return ticket by train to Finse
- Geilolia Paintball, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Geilolia Paintball park 12 – 06 pm Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 25 June – 15 August There are activities at Geilolia Summer Park for those who need an adrenalin rush on their holidays! You can find out who pulls the trigger fastest, and who is best at hide-and-seek while you fire away at your friends. The Paintball range is built for safety and situated where it will not spoil other people’s enjoyment of the summer scene. Suitable for: Everyone above 12 years old Price: NOK 150.- per person Instructor & equipment included, with 200 paintballs
- Nature & Trollspotting Safari, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, . Nature and troll-spotting safari, 08 pm Monday - Friday Geilolia Summer Park offers guided nature and trollspotting safaris where we see elk and look for signs of trolls. The route goes through Langedrag Nature Park, where we may also meet wolves, lynx, reindeer, mountain foxes and many other animals. Suitable for: Everyone Price: Adults NOK 350.- Children: kr. 200.- (under 3 years free)
- Skarvegrotta, Geilolia Summer Park, Bakkestølveien, 3580 Geilo, ☎ +47 3209 0000, .
- Bardøla Høyfjellshotell, Bardølavegen 33, ☎ +47 32094100 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32094501), .
- Dr Holms Hotel, Timrehaugvegen 2, ☎ +47 32095700 (email@example.com, fax: +47 32091620), .
- Norlandia Geilo Hotell, Gamlevegen 2, ☎ +47 32090511 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32091730), .
- Thon Hotel Highland, Lienvegen 11, ☎ +47 32096100 (email@example.com, fax: +47 32096101).
- Ustedalen Hotell, Gamleveen 32, ☎ +47 32096700 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 32096701), .
- Geilolia Cabins & Apartments, Bakkestølveien, ☎ 0047 3209 0000, . checkin: 15.00; checkout: 11.00. Geilolia Cabins are situated next to Geilolia Ski Centre and Summer Park.Cabins with 6-12 beds. Geilolia Apartments are situated at the town centre of Geilo - within walking distance to shops, restaurants and activities. The apartments sleep 4-7 people. For further information email@example.com
Geilolia Cabins & Apartments. Phone: +47 3209 0000 / firstname.lastname@example.org