Gatlinburg  is a resort town located in eastern Tennessee. It is a gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Gatlinburg is best reached by the north by taking I-40 to TN 66 SOUTH. Follow TN 66 to US 441 in Sevierville and follow US 441 through Pigeon Forge and into Gatlinburg.
From the west, Gatlinburg can be reached by either US 441 (from Knoxville) or US 411 and US 321 (from Marysville).
From the south US 441 passes through the heart of the Smokies, bringing in traffic from Cherokee, NC. It is about 19 miles from Cherokee to Gatlinburg, but the high volume of tourist traffic on the road can make the trip at least an hour long.
From the east US 321 brings in traffic directly from I-40 coming in from North Carolina.
Gatlinburg is a very popular resort town, which can be a nightmare for drivers during the peak summer months, especially on weekends. If you are headed to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park it is best to use the Gatlinburg By-Pass to avoid the traffic delays. Once you are in town, there are several short cuts to get you through town and off the main drag!
Gatlinburg offers a trolley  that takes tourists around the town without fighting the traffic. There are several park-and-ride locations: the Gatlinburg Visitor Center has free parking and access to the purple route; the Gatlingburg Mass Transit Center (located behind the Ripley's Aquarium) offers pay parking and access to all trolley routes. The Gatlinburg By-Pass allows traffic heading into the National Park from the north to bypass the Gatlinburg business district. There are scenic vistas along this road as well.
- Cooter's Place, . Dukes of Hazzard store and museum.
- Earthquake-The Ride" adventure ride with high-tech special effects.
- Fannie Farkle's, . Popular arcade.
- Gatlinburg Convention Center, . 272,000 sq ft of metting space. 1200 seat ballroom.
- Gatlinburg Sky Lift, . Ride up Crockett Mountain for panoramic views
- Gatlinburg Space Needle, . Observation tower and arcade.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, . One of the most popular national parks.
- Guinness World Records Museum, . 1200 incredible exhibits.
- Hollywood Star Cars Museum, . World's best star cars collection.
- Mysterious Mansion, . Turn of the century, truly haunted house.
- Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, located at traffic light number 5, 1-865-430-8808. Open 365 days a year: 9AM-11PM Memorial Day through Labor Day, Su-Th 9AM-11PM and F,Sa 9AM-11PM the rest of the year. Ripley's Aquarium has the world's longest underwater aquarium tunnel; over 10,000 sea creatures including sharks, jellyfish cuttlefish, sea horses; hourly dive shows; other exhibits including Touch-A-Ray Bay; and educational programs. Adults $22.29, ages 6-11 $12.25, ages 2-5 $5.56, under 2 free. Annual passes available with various benefits.
- Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, . 500 exhibits of incredible artifacts.
- Ripley's Haunted Adventure, . state of the art haunted attraction.
- Ripley's Moving Theater, . a 4D motion simulator.
- Smoky Mountain Winery, . Complimentary tour and wine tasting.
- Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre, . Lively music and top notch performers. Gatlinburg's only alternative to country shows.
- World of Illusions, . Grand illusions, mystifying magic and interactive exhibits.
Ober Gatlinburg alpine slide and sightseeing lift
- Appalachian Trail
- A Walk in the Woods, , Guided nature walks, day hikes, overnight trips.
- Wild Bear Falls Indoor Waterpark, . The largest indoor water park resort in the South and the 5th largest in the country.
- Wildwater Ltd Rafting, . Exciting Smoky Mountain river rafting.
- Sugarlands Riding Stables, . Horseback riding in the National Park.
- Ripley's Davy Crockett Mini-Golf, . Two beautifully landscaped 18 hole courses.
- Camp Thunder, . Go karts, miniture golf and ride simulator.
- Rip Roaring Adventures, . White water rafting on the Big Pigeon River.
- Ober Gatlinburg, . includes an aerial tramway, alpine slide, bear habitat and ski resort.
- Old Gatlinburg Golf & Games, . Three amazing courses, including Black Light Golf
- Rafting in the Smokies/Pigeon River Outdoors, . 3 1/2 hour trip down 5 miles of water.
- Rapid Expeditions Smoky Mountain Rafting & Kayaking, 1-888-504-RAFT, . Whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Pigeon River near Gatlinburg, TN. Experience a thrilling whitewater rapids ride in the Smoky Mountains!
Festivals & Events
- March-June Smoky Mountain Springfest
- April 12 White Blaze Day benefiting The Appalachian Trail Conservancy ~ held in the parking lot of The Happy Hiker from 10am - 6pm. Free live Blue Grass, lots of food, - all proceeds benefits The Appalchian Trail Conservancey (the folks that maintain the AT).
- Mid April Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Easter Show
- Mid April Ribfest & Wings
- Late April Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage
- Mid May Gatlinburg Scottish Festival & Games, 
- Mid May Gatlinburg Fine Arts Festival
- Early July 4th of July Midnight Parade
- Early July River Raft Regatta
- September 1-December 31 Old Fashined Hayrides
- Mid September-Late October Smoky Mountain Harvest Festival
- Late September Taste of Autumn
- Early October Gatlinburg Heritage Days
- Early-Mid October Gatlinburg Craftmen's Fair, 
- November-February Smoky Mountain Winterfest
- Early November Winterfest Kickoff & Chili Cookoff
- Early November-Late December Gatlinburg Trolley Ride of Lights
- November 11 Veterans Day Celebration
- Late November Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Holiday Show
- November-December Old Fashioned Hayrides
- December 1 Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade
- Early December Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Christmas Show
- December 31 New Years Eve Ball Drop and Pyrotechnic Show
- The Happy Hiker, 905 River Road, ☎ +1-865-436-6000 (email@example.com), . Located twenty-one feet from the park entrance, this store provides hiking supplies, Blue Smoke Coffe coffee, and food for park visitors.
- Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon, 705 E. Parkway, +1 865 436-9998, .
- Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, .
- Atrium Pancakes, 432 Parkway.
- Auntie Anne's Hand Rolled Soft Pretzels, 604 Parkway
- Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Q, 714 River Rd., .
- Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria, , 968 Parkway
- Big Dawgs, 918 Stans Ct.
- Blaine's Grill & Bar, , 812 Parkway Suite 105
- The Brass Lantern, , 710 Parkway.
- Cactus Jacks, 805 Parkway
- Cafe Anthony Italian Eatery, 702 E. Parkway
- Cafe Electric, 130 E. Parkway
- Calhoun's, 1004 Parkway .
- Cherokee Grill, , 1002 Parkway.
- Coffee Loft, 1420 E. Parkway, .
- Coyote Ugly Bar & Grill, 745 Parkway.
- Crab-a-Lot Seafood Restaurant, 756 Parkway.
- Crawdaddy's Restaurant, 762 Parkway.
- Duffy's Restaurant, 631 Parkway.
- Fermata Cafe, 600 Glades Rd.
- Flapjack's Pancake Cabin, 478 East Parkway & 956 Parkway.
- Fox & Parrot Tavern, 1065 Glades Rd.
- Geno's Pizza, 611 Oak St.
- Glades Deli, 801 Glades Rd.
- Gondolier Italian Restaurant & Pizza, 1235 E. Parkway.
- Greenbrier Restaurant Newman Rd off US 321 N, .
- Hard Rock Cafe, 515 Parkway, .
- Hofbrauhaus Restaurant & Cheese Cupboard, 634 Parkway.
- Howards Restaurant, 976 Parkway .
- La Carreta Mexican Restaurant, 231 Historic Nature Trail.
- Last Chance Cafe, 385 E. Parkway.
- Legends by Max, 650 Parkway.
- Lineberger's Seafood Co., 903 Parkway, .
- Little House of Pancakes, 807 E. Parkway.
- Little Italian Cafe, 1456 E. Parkway.
- Log Cabin Pancake House, 327 Historic Nature Tr.
- Ma's Kitchen, 680 Glades Rd.
- Mac's Grill, Winery Square
- Magnolia Tea Room & Cafe, 219 N. Mountain Tr., .
- Mama Bears Kitchen, 651 Parkway.
- Maxwell's Steak & Seafood Restaurant, 1103 Parkway.
- Ronnie Milsap Keyboard Cafe, 812 Parkway.
- Miss Ellie's Pancake & Waffle House, 200 E. Parkway.
- Mountain Edge Grill, 631 Parkway (Baskins Sq Mall).
- Mountain Lodge Restaurant, 913 East Parkway.
- New York Pizza & Pasta, 611 Parkway.
- No Way Jose's Cantina, 555 Parkway.
- North China Chinese Restaurant, 639 Parkway.
- Old Heidelberg Restaurant, Airport Rd.
- Open Hearth Restaurant, 1138 Parkway & 1654 East Parkway.
- Pancake Cabin, 956 Parkway.
- Pancake Pantry, 628 Parkway, +1 865 436-4724, .
- Park Grill, 1110 Parkway, .
- Parkway Pancake House, 900 Parkway.
- Parton's Deli, 332 Parkway.
- Pear Tree Cafe, 463 Parkway.
- Peddler Restaurant & Lounge, 820 River Rd., .
- Pizza Jerks, 831 E. Parkway.
- Puckers Sports Bar & Grill, 745 Parkway
- River Road Pancake House, 88 River Rd.
- River Terrace Restaurant, 240 River Rd.
- Smoky Mountain Brewery, 1004 Parkway, +1 865 436-4200, . Daily 11:30AM-1AM.
- Smoky Mountain Trout House, 410 North Parkway.
- Smoky Mountain Pub & Grill, 1456 E. Parkway.
- Steak & Lobster House, 956 Parkway.
- Teague Mill Smokehouse BBQ Ribs & Trout Restaurant, 4543 E. Parkway.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1019 Park Way, +1 865 430-4284, . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-12AM.
- Veranda Restaurant at the Aquarium, 88 River Rd.
- Volunteer Pizza, 510 Ski Mountain Rd.
- Wild Plum Tea Room
Gatlinburg has an abundance of accommodations to choose from. Lodging is also available in the nearby towns of Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
Bed & Breakfasts
- The Foxtrot Bed & Breakfast, 1520 Garrett Lane (Garrett Lane is the second right off of Garrett Road. The Foxtrot B&B is the third house on the right approximately 2.8 miles from traffic light #10), ☎ 1-888-436-3033, . Nestled in the trees at the crest of the mountain, the Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast offers four luxurious guest rooms with private baths and spectacular views of Mt. Leconte and the Great Smoky Mountains. You will enjoy sumptuous breakfasts and can choose from a variety of spa services. The balconies overlook downtown Gatlinburg. $145-$185.
- Camping in the Smokies, .
- Leconte Vista RV Park & Campground 1739 Parkway.
- Twin Creek RV Resort, 1202 E. Parkway, 
Hotels & Motels
- Abbott's River Edge Motor Lodge, 665 River Rd., 
- Bales Motel 221 Bishop Ln, .
- Baskins Creek Nestle Inn, 215 Circle Dr., .
- Bearland Lodge,  305 Historic Nature Trail
- Bearskin Lodge on the River, 840 River Rd., .
- Best Western Crossroads Inn, 440 Parkway, .
- Best Western Fabulous Chalet Inn, 310 Cottage Dr., .
- Best Western Twin Islands Motel, 539 Parkway, .
- Best Western Zoders Inn, 402 Parkway, .
- Bradley's Court, 111 Woliss Ln.
- Brookside Resort, .
- Carr's Northside Cottages and Motel,.
- Clarion Inn & Suites, 1100 Parkway, .
- Comfort Inn On The River, 293 Parkway, .
- Creekside Inn of the Smokies,.
- Cupids Love Nest Inn, 718 E. Parkway, .
- Days Inn & Suites, 1109 Parkway, .
- Days Inn Rocky Waters, 304 Hemlock, .
- Econo Lodge Belle-Aire & Suites, 405 Historic Nature Trail. 
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, 135 Reagan Dr., Behind the Space Needle and Ripleys Believe it or Not Museum, 1/2 Block from the Parkway, Toll-Free 1-888-468-6386,  Downtown Gatlinburg Hotel offering 57 Rooms and Suites including jacuzzi suites, balcony rooms and fireplaces. All rooms offer microwave, fridge, iron, ironing board, hair-dryer, coffee maker, free wifi and continental breakfast.
- Edgewater Hotel, 402 River Rd., .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites North, 168 Parkway, .
- Fairfield Inn Gatlinburg, 680 River Rd., .
- Family Inns of America Suites, 218 Ski Mountain Rd., .
- Gatlinburg Village, .
- Gillette Motel, 235 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Glenstone Lodge, 504 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Grand Prix Motel, . 235 Ski Mountain Rd.
- Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium, 559 Parkway, .
- Guesthouse Inn & Suites, Ski Mountain Rd., .
- Hampton Inn, 967 Parkway, .
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, 520 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Homestead House, .
- Howard Johnson Inn, 200 E. Parkway, .
- Inn on the Roaring Fork Creek, 396 Parkway.
- Jack Huff's Motor Lodge, 204 Cherokee Orchard Rd., .
- Johnson's Inn, Baskins Creek Rd., .
- Kingwood Inn, 117 Bishop Ln., .
- Microtel, 211 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Midtown Lodge, 805 Parkway, .
- Mountain Heritage Inn, 575 River Rd., .
- Mountain House Inn Downtown, 247 Newton Ln., .
- Ogle's Vacation Inn, 310 Parkway, .
- Park Vista Resort Hotel, 705 Cherokee Orchard Rd., .
- Rainbow Motel, 390 E. Parkway, .
- Ramada , 756 Parkway, +1 865-436-7881, .
- Reagan Resorts Inn, 938 Parkway, .
- River Terrace Resort and Convention Center, 240 River Rd. Gatlinburg, TN 37738, 1-800-251-2040, . Enjoy the breathtaking view from your private balcony in your king or double queen room complete with mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Relax by one of the 2 pools or in the restaurant or lounge. There is also more than 25,000 square feet of meeting space that includes a ballroom, breakout rooms and a conference center. Bus parking available.
- Riverside Moter Lodge, 715 Parkway, .
- Roaring Fork Motel & Cottages, 124 Roaring Fork Rd., .
- Robert E Lee Motel, 349 Holly Ridge East, .
- Rocky Top Village Inn, 311 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Rocky Waters Inn & Suites, 333 Parkway, .
- Rodeway Inn Skyland, 223 E. Parkway, .
- Royal Townhouse Motel, 937 Parkway, .
- Scottish Inns & Suites, .
- Sidney James Mountain Lodge, 610 Historic Nature Trail, .
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 335 E. Parkway, .
- Sleepy Bear Motel US 321 North
- Smoky Pines Motel, Cabins, Group Lodging, 344 Baskins Creek Rd., .
- Smokyland Motel, 727 Parkway, .
- Spruce Flats Motel US 321 North
- Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg, 915 Westgate Resort Rd. Gatlinburg, TN 37738. . Family friendly resort hotel offering studio and one bedroom suites. Property includes swimming pools, a spa, a lounge, restaurant, arcade, walking trails, kids club and more. Also the home to the largest indoor water park in the south, Wild Bear Falls..
- Auntie Belham's Realty & Nightly Rentals, 115 North Mountain Trail (across from the Gatlinburg Welcome Center), ☎ +1 800-436-6618, . Cozy-to-elegant log cabins, chalets, & cottages.
- Chalet Village, 1441 Wiley Oakley Drive, ☎ +1-800-262-7684, . A family-run business for 35 years. Choose from 1-12 bedroom cabins.
- Diamond Mountain Rentals, 239 Parkway East, ☎ +1-888-430-4060, . Offers over 75 Cabins, Chalets, and condominiums.
- Elk Springs Resort Luxury Cabin Rentals, 1088 Powdermill Rd, ☎ +1 866-550-1795, . Luxury cabin rental resort featuring home theater rooms, saunas, hot tubs, pool tables & more.
- Gatlinburg Cabins 436 East Parkway, Toll-Free 1-800-684-7865, . Offering Gatlinburg cabins and Pigeon Forge cabins near the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Jackson Mountain Homes, 1662 East Parkway, just 3.5 Mi. from Traffic Light #3, Toll-Free 1.800.473-3163, . Offering over 170 clean and cozy to grand luxury cabins, chalets, and cottages in and near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
- Mountain Laurel Chalets 440 Ski Mountain Road, 1-800-315-4965,  have over 100 chalets from one to 12 bedrooms at prices from $95 to $900.
To the north, Pigeon Forge offers a wide array of shops and attractions including Dollywood. To the south, across the Great Smoky Mountains, the town of Cherokee is an interesting Indian village and casino gambling.