Le Parc de la Gaspésie is a provincial park located in the heart of the Gaspé Peninsula. The main attraction of the park is the Chics Chocs mountains, one of Quebec's highest mountain ranges.
From Montreal, take highways 40 and then 132. The trip takes approximately 8 hours. If you have the stamina and an early starting time, you can do the trip in a day. Otherwise, it is very pleasant to take 2 days and discover some of the towns along the way. Once you reach St Anne des Monts, the turn-off for the Parc de la Gaspésie is signposted, although it can be easy to miss (small brown sign). Look for the Tim Horton's - it is on the same road that you need to drive down. To get to the Gîte du Mt-Albert will take about half an hour's further driving. The times will vary to get to the different camping grounds. If you want more information before driving into the park, there is a tourist centre in St Anne des Monts but it is only open during summertime.
- Visitor's Interpretation Centre -- There is a "supplies" area in the shop here which is fabulous for those camping and/or
hiking. It carries many camping packet foods, cooking fuel, other camping necessities and water.
- St Anne des Monts -- Approximately half an hour from the park, this town has all the usual convenience stores, fast food eateries and local restaurants.
- Gîte du Mt-Albert -- The dining facilities here are superb and the food is prepared by a chef using local produce and in many cases, it is organic. It is advisable to book, as it can get very busy here with guests already seeking tables as part of their package deals.
- Gîte du Mont-Albert -- For a resort with a 4 star rating, it is hard to beat the Gîte du Mont-Albert. This mountain lodge resort is run by the Quebec Parks Network (SEPAQ). If you take a package deal, you will get luxurious accommodation plus breakfast and 3 course dinners cooked by a chef. The chef is able to accommodate any dietary requests, even vegan. The Gîte rooms are spacious and all have magnificent views over Mont Albert. The package deal works out to be very reasonable - as at 2007, a 5 day package per person during winter a little under $600. During winter, the lodge offers many skiing and snowshoeing trails, many of which commence from the site, meaning that you can leave your car and completely relax. In summer, these become hiking trails. Be warned, the rooms are without TV, to help you truly relax and enjoy the great outdoors surrounding you. There is also a pool during summer (completely snowed in during winter) and a sauna all year round. The front entrance area features many places to sit and while away the evenings with puzzles, games, reading, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from the bar and delicious snacks. All in all, it is an amazing place to stay and given all that you get for the price, incredibly reasonable.
- Gîte du Mt-Albert -- This resort can be reached on a toll free number 1 866 727-2427. See further the website: Gîte du Mt-Albert.