| || |
| || |
a dialect of .
|−|Though the people of this region speak garhwali a local dialect of Hindi but almost everyone can speak and understand Hindi. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 15:13, 6 July 2010
Garhwal  is one of 2 major regions in Uttarakhand. Garhwal is the more easily accessible northern and western part of Uttarakhand and borders onto China.
Garhwal has 7 districts.
There are many famous cities in Garhwal.
- Bedni Bugyal - another beautiful bugyal in Chamoli District, providing breath taking views of Trishul & Nanada Devi peaks.
- Dayara Bugyal - a beautiful bugyal in Uttarkashi District. A world class ski resort is coming up there.
- Dehradun is the capital of Uttrakhand and its biggest city.
- Gwaldam - it's a beautiful hamlet in the Chamoli District, one can get close up views of Trishul & Nanda Devi peaks, it's a base camp for Roopkund & Bedni Bugyal (meadows).
- Haridwar is another important and holy city
- Joshimath - gateway to Badrinath, valley of flowers, Hemkund and the ski resort of Auli
- You can hang out in Mussorie, a famous hill station near Dehradun .
- One can also go to Chakrata also not very far from Dehradun.
- There is Lansdowne where you can reach easily by taxis from nearby Kotdwar. Hre you can see temples, church and a very beautiful jeal.
- You can also go Sahsastradhara in Dehradun.
- Lacchiwala a very good place.
You can also see many temples in Garhwal like Mahabgarh temple near by Kotdwara.
Garhwal is named because it has 52 small territories. Garh in Hindi means territories. Because of its many territories the region was given the name Garhwal.
Garhwalies are known for their simplicity and honesty..I feel proud being a Garhwali.. I like my dialect (Garhwali)...Living in Chandigarh I miss my dear ones..I have 150 Garhwali song in my Laptop..I listen these songs when I feel bore and depress..I take a breath of relief after listening these songs...Harsh Rawat Doing M.A. English Punjab University Chandigarh.
Have a nice time all of YOU
To get in to Garhwal one can easily get a bus from I.S.B.T kashmeri gate New Delhi to Kotdwar and Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh is around 280 km from Delhi
- Kotdwar is around 215 km from Delhi.
Jeep and taxis are the best mode of transportation in Garhwal.
Garhwal has good bus network of all its important cities
There are 24 hour regular bus services for Dehradun, Rishikesh, Rorkee, Rishikesh and Kotdwar.
One must see Camty fall in Dehradun-mussorie road teen pani, Lachhiwala in Dehradun. Mansa devi and Chandi devi mandir in Haridwar .
- Karnashram and Sidhbali temple in Kotdwar
Take woollen clothes with you as many hilly places are always cool.
There are numerous traditional dhabas available in Delhi-Rishikesh and Delhi-Kotdwar-Pauri route
Though popular cold drinks are available in every nook and corner but one should search for traditional and tasty Burans juice which is made up of Burans, an indegenious plant.
G.M.V.N guest house are situated in nearly every big city of the region .
One can get out from Kotdwar direct to Delhi following N.H 119 and from Rishikesh through Haridwar-Delhi highway. Besides trains are also available running everyday from Kotdwar and Rishikesh to Delhi