|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
See [[Gapyeong#Get_in|Get in]].
See [[Gapyeong#Get_in|Get in]].
| || |
Revision as of 05:11, 31 March 2013
Gapyeong is in Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
Gapyeong is a small town, famous all over Korea for pine nuts(찻) and Nami island(남이섬). In October, Gapyeong hosts the annual International Jazz Festival on Jara island(자라섬). Gapyeong is popular with people taking a weekend away from Seoul. It can become busy on the weekends with people coming to stay in the many pensions in the surrounding area. The area is very mountainous so hiking and MTB are popular things do do here.
Gapyeong Station is located on the Gyeongchun line(경춘선) of the Seoul Metro system. This line starts at Sangbong(상봉역) on the northeast of Seoul, and runs all the way to Chuncheon(춘천역). The train leaves Sangbong approximately 3 times per hour takes 55 minutes to get to Gapyeong. From Chuncheon it takes about 20 minutes. A journey on the Seoul Metro costs from 1,050 won to 2,050 won depending on the length of the journey. A typical journey to the center of Seoul from Gapyeong on the on the Seoul Metro involves 2 to 4 line changes and takes between 90 minutes and 2 hours.
The ITX departs Yongsan(용산) Station on the hour every hour and stops at Cheongnyangni(청량리), Pyeongnaehopyeong(평내호평), and Gapyeong stations on the way to Chuncheon(춘천). From Yongsan it takes 55 minutes and costs 4,800won to reach Gapyeong. In the opposite direction, the train leaves Chuncheon every ten minutes past the hour, takes 17 minutes and costs 3,000 won to reach Gapyeong Station.
Many intercity buses going to Chuncheon departing from destinations in Gyeongi Province will stop at Gapyeong bus terminal(가평버스터미널). Also the red 1330-3 bus runs between Cheongnyangni(청량리) in Seoul and Gapyeong costing 2,200 won with a T-money pre-pay card.
The train station is located a little way away from the town center. You can take a taxi (~3,000 won) or walk (15-20 minutes). When you come out of exit 1 of the station (there is only one exit) turn left and follow the road until you come to a T-junction. Right at the T-junction will take you to Nami island, left will take you towards town and Jara island.
- Jarasum International Jazz Festival  October 10th-12th 2012
- Yoeninsan MTB Course  A tough 43km MTB trail with some pretty steep ups and downs. Every year there is an organized race on the course that starts from the local sports stadium.
- Gangchon MTB Course Through the mountains between Gapyeong and Gangchon is the Gangchon MTB course which also hosts an annual race. It is not as tough as the Yeoninsan course but it is still a great trail.
- Yeonin Mountain(연인산) (heading north out of Gapyeong town take the first left after the bridge and follow the road to the park entrance) has many hiking routes to explore.
The river that runs past Gapyeong to Cheongpyeong has many opportunities for wake boarding, water skiing and tubing.
- Nice Bowling center (나이스 볼링센터), ☎ 582-5730. Ten-pin bowling. ~3,000 per game.
- PC Room
- Pine Nuts
- Outdoor Market (Behind Hanaro Mart), every 5 days there is an outdoor market. This is a good place to by fresh fruit, veg and seafood. And a great place to buy local produce.
- Hanaro Mart. Supermarket for all your general needs.
- Plus Mart. Supermarket for all your general needs.
- Bike Buddy. Sells road and mountain bikes
- Alpha. Stationary shop.
- Wine Samgyeopsal (와인 생삼겹), Bonam-ro(보남로) 15-2 (Go straight out of Gapyeong County Office, it's about 100m down the road, on the left, opposite one of the many Nonghyeop banks), ☎ 582-7545. Absolutely delicious samgyeopsal! 10,000 won per portion of meat.
- Mapo Galmaegi (마포 갈매기), Gahwa-ro(가화로) (Turn left out of the bus station, it's about 400m up the road on your right), . This popular Korean BBQ restaurant opened in July 2012. One of the cheapest places in Gapyeong to eat a Korean BBQ meal. They have a big range of meats - samgyeopsal, jubeokgogi, dweji-galbi, mapo-galbi and galmaegi. One portion of meat ranges from 6,000 won to 20,000.
- Duck Restaurant (용추골 오리 숮불구이), (Opposite Nice Bowling Center). Fresh, smoked and marinated duck BBQ. ~15,000 won.
- Incheon Chip (인천집), Seokbong-ro(석봉로) (Turn left out of Gapyeong County Office, go straight for about 400m, it's on your right, just past Alpha), ☎ 581-5533. Specializes in Boribap(보리밥) - a dish similar to bibimbap - and Mandu Jeongol(만두전골) - a mandu and tofu soup. ~6,000 won per dish.
- Bon Juk (본죽). Traditional Korean rice porrage. ~6,000 won.
- Mom's Touch (맘스터치), Seokbong-ro(석봉로) (Turn left out of Gapyeong County Office, Mom's Touch is about 300m up the road on your right, just before DS-Mart), ☎ 581-5556, . Great chicken fillet burgers and really nice cajun style fries. Also does good fried chicken and BBQ ribs. Eat-in or take-away. 2,000 - 17,000 won.
- Pizza Etang (피자에땅), (Go straight out of Gapyeong County Office, past Wine Samgyeopsal on your left and Nyeonghyeop bank on your right, it's on your right, just before the junction with Gahwa-ro), ☎ 581-1588. Take-away pizza.
See Get in.