| || |
* [[Ærø]] is an attractive island in the Souh Funen sea, with
it's quaint, beatiful Capital Ærøskøbing, lined with colorful houses and cobble stoned street |+|
* [[Ærø]] is an attractive island in the Souh Funen sea, with quaint, Ærøskøbing, lined with colorful houses and cobble stoned
| || |
Revision as of 18:23, 26 April 2009
Funen is an island in Denmark.
Little Belt bridge connecting Funen (to the right) and Jutland
- Odense Regional Capital of Fyn (Funen) island and Denmark's third largest city.
- Assens Coastal town
- Bogense Coastal town
- Fåborg Coastal town
- Kerteminde Town along Odense Canal,gateway to Kattegat Sea
- Middelfart Coastal town by Lillebælt bridge to Jylland(Jutland)
- Nyborg Coastal town by Storebælt bridge to Sjælland )(Zealand)
- Ringe Agricultural town. Middle of Fyn.
- Svendborg Coastal town by causeway to Tåsinge and Langeland islands
- Rudkøbing On Langeland Island in South Funen (Fyn)Sea
- Ærø is an attractive island in the Souh Funen sea, with its quaint, beautiful capital Ærøskøbing, lined with colorful houses and cobble stoned streets
Danish,Norwegian and Swedish are common, but English is widely understood and spoken.German to a lesser degree.
Funen is connected to Zealand with the Great Belt bridge (toll bridge) and to Jutland the Little Belt bridge (free).
Central Rail station is Odense from where any part of Denmark can be reached.
A good road and motorway system connect all coastal towns with each other as well from Odense in the center.
The Funen island (da.Fyn) is bike friendly and most roads from Odense in the center, has dedicated bike paths.
Direct and non-stop from Copenhagen hourly. On Fyn there is service from Odense Central to Ringe,Svendborg,
Other towns are served by bus.
All towns and small communities are served with high daily frequency.
Taxis are aplenty in towns at fixed rates including tips. There are cab stands. but they cannot be hailed on the street. Best to phone.