Fuerteventura is one of the islands that makes up the Canary Islands (Spanish: Las Islas Canarias).
Fuerteventura is divided into six municipalities: Antigua, Betancuria, La Oliva, Pájara, Puerto del Rosario, and Tuineje.
Caleta de Fuste
Fuerteventura is a volcanic island, in some places untouched but in others heavily developed for tourism. Note that "Fuerteventura" roughly translates to "strong winds" or Fuerte (Strong) Ventura (Venture) depending on your level of Spanish, and the island is known for its wind surfing and kite surfing.
Spanish is the national language in Fuerteventura, although English and German are widely spoken in many tourist areas.
Several ferries run from Tenerife, Grand Canaria, Puerto del Rosario, and Lanzarote. The two major lines are:
Flights from Spain, Europe, as well as from the other islands land daily.
The airport  on Fuerteventura is on the coast close to Puerto del Rosario. It plays host to a mix of scheduled flights from national operators such as:
Being a tourist destination there are also numerous charter operators flying into the airport. These include:
The airport has only one runway and 5 boarding bridges but is still undergoing expansion. It handles around 45,000 flights and 5 million passengers per year.
A hire car is the best option for discovering the remote wilderness regions, and numerous car rental companies are available.
The bus lines from Puerto del Rosalio (via airport) to Correlejo, Caleta de Fuste, Morro del Jable and Cotillo are easy to handle, cheap and very reliable . It is extremely easy to get from Correlejo to the sand dune beaches south of town.
Apparently you could sleep from €25,- per night and up, The official web of the Canary Islands  has a nice system for locating hotels and offers in Fuerteventura.
- Atalaya de la Rosa del Taro, ☎ +34 928 175 10, . Is in a quiet inland area 13 km from the capital It's a small, traditional, restored house for two or three people, sun-wind energy and recycled water, reused for the plants. It has a bedroom, a kitchen-living room with fridge and CD-radio-cassette, a bathroom and a terrace with panoramic views. The house is situated , far away from the tourist resorts, but very well linked. The nearest beach is ten minutes drive away
- Casa Bonita Luxury Villa, Mirador de las Dunas, Corralejo, Fuerteventura, . This is a luxury villa with private pool and putting green in Corralejo. It is a 3 bedroom villa which sleeps 6 people. varies.
- Casa de la Burra, ☎ +34 928 175 014 (email@example.com), . Isolated of the urban centers, this small but welcoming house for two persons are a green retreat with solar energy for the sanitary hot water and biological purification of residual waters used for watering. A quiet retreat far away from the hustle and bustle of the holiday resorts.
- Fraggle Roca, 53 Castillo Mar (Opposite the San Jorge hotel), ☎ +34 928 160 117, . Sea view from upstairs bedroom balcony. One bedroomed duplex. Situated in the town centre of Caleta de Fuste. Close to everything, the beaches, the restaurants, the bars. Just a quick 10 min taxi (approx €10)from the Airport. Caleta is popular with families and couples, quieter than other resorts. sleeps 3 Adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Includes, twin beds, sofa bed, washingmachine, microwave, british TV, Aircon in the bedroom. Communal pool.
- Hesperia Bristol Playa, Urbanizacion Lago de Bristol, 1. 35660 Fuerteventura, ☎ +34 928 867 020, . This beautiful resort is on a white-sandy beach. It is a short distance from the Dunas National Park, and offers 185 apartments, swimming pools and tennis courts. Rooms from €30.
- Oasis Jandia Golf, Barranco de Vinamar, La Mancha, Jandia, 35625, ☎ +34 928 546 550 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Right on a 18 hole golf course, and good views views of Barranco de Vinamar.
- Villa La Isla Bonita, Fuerteventura Golf Club, ☎ 00 353 87 661 3711, . Private villas on Fuerteventura Golf Club near the town of Caleta de Fustes. Each villa offers luxurious spacious 3 bedroom accommodation with private heated swimming pools. email@example.com.
- Club Hotel Drago Park, C/ Punta Pesebres, 5, 35627 Costa Calma - Pájara, ☎ (+34) 928 875 505, . All rooms have sofa bed, air conditioning, safe, pool view, satellite TV, music system, balcony/terrace, private toilet and bath. Some of its facilities and services are freshwater pool for adults/kids, Sun terrace with deck chairs and parasols, restaurant, pool bar, lounge bar, Discothèque Marilyn, gymnasium, free bus service to and from the beach, private parking (without surveillance) and car rental.
Take the air conditioned buses which run regularly up and down the island, or hire a car to really see this quiet and beautiful island. Famous for its long white sandy beaches in the north and south of the island. Go into the mountains to see how the locals survived on this arid island over the centuries. And discover the strong connections with the countries of South America. Learn a few words like GuaGua (wah wah) means bus. Worth the effort to leave the resorts.
- There appears to be a lot of surfing going on.