Frontier Country  is a region in central Oklahoma that consists of the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. It includes Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Hughes, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Payne, Pottawatomie, and Seminole counties.
The central region got its name from the pioneering spirit of its settlers and the enduring resilience of its natives. From boomtowns, land runs, Western and Native American history, Frontier Country encompasses the grandeur of Oklahoma and the Old West.
Today Frontier Country is the hub of Route 66 sights, Chisholm Trail crossings, Western to contemporary art, agritourism activities, and family-friendly events and attractions.
Request a free, 52-page, color travel guide from the nonprofit multi-county organization at oktourism.com 
Oklahoma City/Adventure District - Home to seven outstanding attractions in one location.
Oklahoma City/Bricktown - Oklahoma City's entertainment district and neighborhood.
- Tiger Safari Interactive Zooligical Park, 963 County St. 2930, Tuttle, OK 73089 (I-44 West to HWY 37 (exit 108) West 10 miles to Frisco Road South 2.6 miles on Frisco Road), ☎ 405-414-9365, . 10:00 am - 5:30 pm. Tiger safari $7.00 Adults $5.00 Children (over 2).
- ASA National Softball Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City
- Edward L. Gaylord - Boone Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City
- Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art in Norman
- Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman
- Harn Homestead Museum in Oklahoma City
- International Photography Hall of Fame & Museum in Oklahoma City
- Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City
- Ninety-Nines Museum of Women Pilots in Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art in Oklahoma City>
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum in Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Railway Museum in Oklahoma City
- Red Earth Museum in Oklahoma City
- Science Museum Oklahoma
- Stockyards City in Oklahoma City
- Fort Reno in El Reno
- Jasmine Moran Children's Museum in Seminole
- Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art in Shawnee
- National Four-String Banjo Hall of Fame Museum in Guthrie
- Theatre and other performing arts in Oklahoma City
- Fairgrounds or outdoor arenas like Heart of Oklahoma Shawnee Expo Center in Shawnee and Lazy E Arena in Guthrie
- Red Earth Native American Cultural Festival (Jun 6, 2008-Jun 8, 2008), Cox Convention Center, Oklahoma City, ☎ (405)427-5228.
Oklahoma City has a wide range of activities.
Frontier Country Wineries
There are several wineries offering tours and tastings:
- Stableridge Vineyards and Winery in Stroud