Frederikshavn   is a city in North Jutland, Denmark. And has a population of 62,741 inhabitants (2006) in the municipality.
Passengers traveling from other parts of Denmark can reach Frederikshavn by train.
The journey time by train from Aalborg, the nearest large town to the south, is approx. between 1 hr 10 mins - 1 hr 45 mins. (40 minutes in car).
The train station is located not far from the town center and this connects you to pretty much all of Denmark.
Frederikshavn is on the Hjørring, Aalborg, Copenhagen, Roskilde, Odense, Århus Line. It takes approximately 5 hours 50 minnuts to reach Copenhagen.
Frederikshavn can be reached by ferry from Norway (Oslo) and Sweden (Gothenburg) and connects Læsø Island to Jutland.
Stena Line  operates the route Gothenburg - Frederikshavn which takes 2 hours with Stena Line Express and 3 hours 15 min. with Stena Danica/Jutlandica and the route Oslo - Frederikshavn which takes 12 hours.
Læsø Line operates the route Læsø - Frederikshavn which takes 90 min. 
- Krudttaarnet: Build 1868 tol 1690. The only remaing part of the old citadel. Used during the wars against Sweden in the ealy 17 hundreds, and the gun boat war against England 1807-1814.
- Danhostel Frederikshavn Vandrerhjem, Buhlsvej 6, 9900 Frederikshavn. (Town center, bus/train station: 1 km.), Phone: +45 9842 1475 (Email: email@example.com, Fax: +45 9842 6522) . Opening period: 01.02 - 30.11. 14 rooms with a suite bathroom, 10 rooms with bath in the corridor. Cafeteria. Lounge. Garden. Guest kitchen. Breakfast buffet. Close to a beach. Prices: DKK 85-550.
- Hotel 1987, Havnegade 8E, Damsgaards Plads, 9900 Frederikshavn. (Very central, near harbour.), Phone:: +45 9843 1987 (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: +45 9843 1942)  (No english website). 28 rooms where all rooms have bath, TV and minibar. Tel., family rooms, parking. Close to supermarket. Small but cosy hotel. Prices: DKK 460-600.
- Frederikshavn Sømandshjem & Hotel, Tordenskjoldsgade 15B, 9900 Frederikshavn. (Central location.), Phone: +45 9842 0977 (Email: email@example.com, Fax: +45 9843 1899) . Opening period: 02.01. - 22.12. 53 rooms with shower/toilet/hairdryer/phone/cable TV. Restaurant, meeting rooms, Internet café, Wireless Internet access in all rooms, elevator, free parking. TV/living room with poolbillard and dart. The reception desk is open 24 hours. Prices: DKK 515-1275.
- Hotel Lisboa, Søndergade 248, 9900 Frederikshavn. (Close to the motorway E45 in the southern part of town, 5 minutes drive from the ferry service and the railway station.), Phone: +45 9842 2133 (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: +45 9843 8011) . Opening period: 02.01 - 23.12. 3 star hotel. 32 double rooms which are equipped with private bathroom, telephone, radio and a colour TV with access to satellite channels. Family restaurant, large garden and carpark. Prices from DKK 675.
- Hotel Mariehønen - Sussi & Leo, Skolegade 2, 9900 Frederikshavn (Located in the heart of the town.), Phone: +45 9842 0122 (Email: email@example.com, Fax: +45 9843 4099)  (No english website). Opening period: 10.01 - 20.12. 30 rooms where 22 have own shower, toilet and TV. Private parking. All rooms renovated in January 2007. Price from: DKK 590.
- Hotel Herman Bang, Tordenskjoldsgade 3, 9900 Frederikshavn. (In the town centre, close to harbour.), Phone: +45 9842 2166, (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: +45 9842 2107) . Opening period: 02.01. - 22.12. 60 rooms with/without shower. Various rooms available – from business to family rooms suites and apartments. Car park. Colour TV. American restaurant. Walking distance of Frederikshavns train station and the harbour, located at the very center of Frederikshavn. Also have spa & wellness. Price: DKK 395-1795. (Payments with foreign creditcards add 5% to the price).
- Park Hotel Frederikshavn, Jernbanegade 7, 9900 Frederikshavn. (Located in the centre of Frederikshavn.), Phone: +45 9842 2255 (Fax: +45 9620 1798) . The hotel is closed from December 20th till January 10th. 19 rooms with all comforts. Wireless Internet. Parking. Restaurant/library bar/patio. Prices: DKK 300-2200.
The library offer free internet access for one hour at a time.
- Frederikshavn Library , E-mail: email@example.com, Tlf. +45 96225650, Parallelvej 16, 9900 Frederikshavn, Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10-18 Sat. 10-13. Rules:  (pdf-file).