If you are going to Fort Wayne, it must be for a wedding, funeral or to visit someone who lives there. In short, it's not much of a tourist destination. Still, there are a number of things worth seeing.
1) The Linccoln Museum. This is located downtown and is the worlds largest collection of Abraham Lincoln Memorobilia. It was endowed by the Lincoln Museum and is really first rate. Allow 90 minutes.
2) The Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. This zoo has become much more than a children's zoo. It has 5 sections and the Indonesian Rain Forest is spectacular where havee Orangutangs and Sumatran tigers. The Australian pavillion and the African Veldt are also excellant. Allow 3 hours.
3) The Follinger Friemann Botanical Conservatory. Located downtown. It has 3 sections. A seasonal changing selection, a rain forest and a desert room. Allow 1 hour.
4) Allen County Public Library Geneological Collection. It is the 2nd largest in the U.S. only behind the Mormon Church. Go in and poke about for your ancestors.
Where to eat. 1) Paula's on Main - hip seafood with a rich history. West end on main.
2) Club Soda - Like Ruth's Chris - only much hipper in an authentic 125 year old building. Live Jazz. Very cool.
3) Sunday at the 3 Rivers Food Coop on spring street. It's a fruits and nuts crowd, but the chow is organic and good and there is live folk music.