Fort Stockton is a city in the Trans-Pecos region of Texas.
- Annie Riggs Memorial Museum, originally the Riggs Hotel, built in 1899. It is an excellent example of Territorial Architecture built of adobe with Victorian wood trim, and houses exhibits on area history.
- Comanche Springs Pavillion and Swimming Pool. The pavilion was built in 1938 over the Big Chief Spring. It was the largest spring in the system and flowed 65 million gallons of water a day.
- Grey Mule Saloon - built in the 1880's, was once owned by A.J. Royal.
- Historic Fort Stockton - Built in 1858 and used until 1886, the fort was home to many troops of buffalo soldiers during the height of the Indian menace. Guardhouse, Officers' Row, and Parade Grounds; a museum is housed in the enlisted men's barracks and a visitor's center is located at 301 E. Third.
- Koehler's Store - also served as a bank and saloon, it was built in 1878. The second floor was added in the 1930's as a WPA project. It now serves as the Small Community Hall. Across the street is one of the nine springs in the Comanche Springs system. This one is named the Blue Hole.
- Old Fort Cemetery - where only a very few markers show anyone over the age of 40, a testimony to the hard frontier life. Used from 1875-1912.
- Old Jail, Pecos County's original jail was built in 1883.
- Paisano Pete - World's Largest Roadrunner, 11' tall, 22' long.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, first church in Fort Stockton, built 1875.
- St. Stephen Episcopal Church, built in the 1896, was one of the first Protestant churches west of the Pecos River. Moved here in 1958.
- Bien Venidos, 405 W Dickinson Blvd, (432) 336 3615. Mexican/American food. Open Everyday - 11 am - 10 pm.
- Comanche Springs Restaurant, 2501 W. I-10 (432) 336-9713 Full Menu, Salad Bar, Buffet Open 24 hours.
- International House of Pancakes, 2129 W. I-10 (432) 336-3569. Full menu. Open 24 Hours.
- K-Bob's Steak House Restaurant, 1100 W Dickinson Blvd, (432) 336 5909. Steaks & More, Salad Bar. Open Everyday - 11 am - 2 pm & 5 pm - 9 pm.
- Best Western-Swiss Clock Inn, 3201 W. Dickinson, I-10, Exit 256. 89 rooms. (432) 336-8521
- Days Inn, 1408 North US Highway 285. 50 rooms. (432) 336 7500.
- Econo Lodge, 800 E Dickinson Blvd, (432) 336 9711.
- Hampton Inn, 2271 West I-10. 59 rooms. (432) 336 9600.
- Holiday Inn Express, 3105 W. Dickinson. 72 rooms. 1-800-465-5329 (HOLIDAY)
- La Quinta Inn, 1537 N. Hwy 285. 97 rooms. (432) 336 9781.
- Quality Inn, 1308 North US Hwy 285, 432 336 5955.
- Super 8, 3200 W Dickinson, 432 336 8531.
|Routes through Fort Stockton
Wikipedia:Fort Stockton, Texas