Fort Lee is a city in Bergen County.
Fort Lee is conveniently located between the Paramus, NJ retail corridor, and the world renowned and legendary, New York City. This town is comprised of a large residential community of fort lee natives, but there is also much cultural diversity within the town. This culture represented through the vast variety of international restaurants, and small business, which help make fort lee so diverse, but there is a strong Korean presence that can be seen in retail and dining storefronts.
Fort Lee is a small town but is piled high with apartment buildings. Because Fort Lee is situation on the Hudson River bank, there are breathtaking views from almost any window facing the river. The New York City skyline, and 4th of July fireworks are incomparable to many sights. Fort Lee, as built up commercially and residentially as it is houses many playing fields and recreational parks as well as bike and running trails. It is the perfect combination of city meets suburb.
Fort Lee is known for its apartment buildings and co-op complexes. These types of habitations are desirable for families with or without children, as well as the elderly because of the extensive amenities. Many buildings offer garage parking, elevators, storage units, pool and spa access, park grounds, and ample security. One of the largest perks of this town is the walking access to many restaurants, convenience stores and mass transit transportation.
Fort Lee is located in Bergen County, NJ and is bordered by Edgewater, Englewood Cliffs, Cliffside Park and Leonia. If coming from New York City, via I-95 or the Palisades Parkway, within NJ roadways there are several exits, which merge from Routes 4, 80, 17 and the NJ Turnpike.
Fort Lee can also be accessed by boat or ferry from New York City via Edgewater and Weehawken docks.
The nearest airports to Fort Lee are Newark, LaGuardia, Teterboro, JFK and Westchester.
Most people chose cars, but if headed to a central area, such as Main Street, it is best to drive there, and park in a municipal parking lot, and walk around from there. Since so much of the town’s retail area is clustered in 3 or 4 block radius, it would be beneficial to walk around, but might also be dangerous given the high traffic intersections. If walking use caution, and if parking, make sure to feed the meter with plenty of pocket change; the meter maids take their job very seriously. Since fort lee is situated in such a convenient area for those commuting to and from the city, there is often high traffic and congestion on the roads. If you are planning on being somewhere at a certain time, one might suggest leaving a good 10 to 15 minutes to escape local traffic before hitting any major roadways.
For local transportation or air-port/train station services, there are several local taxi company's that are reliable.
- A-1 [www.a-1carserv.com] 2470 Lemoine Avenue, Fort Lee, NJ, tel:(201) 944-3737.
- Babe's [www.babestaxi.com] 185 Bridge Plaza North, Fort Lee, New Jersey, tel: (201) 944-6800.
- G W Taxi 1696 Bergen Blvd Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel:(201) 363-0555.
Fort Lee is known and named for the story of how General George Washington was forced to evacuate the area in November of 1776 and begin his famous retreat through New Jersey during the winter of 1776-77 in the protection of "Fort Lee".The Visitors' Center provides information on the role of Fort Lee in the War. Audio-visual displays, detailed exhibits, gives visitors a sense of what this town was like centuries ago.
- Fort Lee Historic Park Hudson Terrace Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: (201) 461-1776. Revolutionary re-enactments, and breathtaking views of the GW Bridge, the Little Red Light House, Hudson River and majestic city skyline.
There is an abundance of supermarkets, one the most famous and unique being Caffasso’s Fairway Market.
There are also a plethora of nail salons, frozen yogurt shops, coffee shops and gas stations. Other than eating, or shopping, or shopping for food, there is not much else to do unless you work in Fort Lee.
- Cafasso's Fairway Market  1214 Anderson Ave. Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: 201-224-7900. Store hours:Mon-Fri 8:30am-7pm, Sat 8:30am-6:30pm, Sun 9am- 3:00pm.
Main Street is the primary retail section of Fort Lee, and features stores such as Borders, Liquor Stores, Metropolitan Plant Exchange, and you can find a deli or drug store on every corner. There are tons of specialty boutiques, and gourmet caterers, as well as clothing and sporting good retailers. Metropolitan Plants is a haven for gardeners or flower lovers. They have by far the largest selection of all your gardening needs and more!
Within Fort Lee, the main attraction would be its collection of ZAGAT rated restaurants. Despite a strong Korean demographic, Fort Lee offers international cuisine and is famous for their pizzerias, deli’s and 24-hour diners. They have a warm local atmosphere and taste great wether your dining in or taking out!
- Armando's Restaurant 144 Main Street, Fort Lee, tel: (201) 461-422. Armando's Restaurant has been a family owned business for 25 years and is a casual dining experience in an upscale, yet relaxed atmosphere. Great for special occasions, and has banquet room for private parties. $$$
- InNapolli  16 Main Street Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: 201-947-2500. In Napoli restaurant opened to customers in 1984, serving southern Italian food. Their menu rangesfrom steak, seafood and pasta, and this family oriented restaurant also has a great cocktail menu, and separate from dining area bar atmosphere. Bring your family or meet friends for drinks.$$$
- JD's Steak Pit 124 Main Street Fort Lee, NJ 07024-6934, tel: (201) 461-0444. Famous for their Canadian Baby Back ribs and award winning steaks, JD's is definitely where you want to bring your appetite! A mature atmosphere and bar scene is often present at JD's but it is certainly a great place for a family dinner to remember. Open for lunch 11am-4pm, Dinner 5pm-11pm, Bar 11am-Midnight. $$$
- Sally Ling's 1636 Palisade Ave # 5 Fort Lee, NJ 07024-6952, tel: (201) 346-1282. Authentic Chinese cuisine. More of an upscale atmosphere, with an extensive menu for lunch of dinner. Open Mon-Thu,Sun 11am-9:45pm; Fri-Sat 11am-10:30pm. $$
- Baggio's 210 Main Street Fort Lee, NJ 07024-5702, tel:(201) 585-7979. A cute place to fall in for lunch or dinner, and has great delivery service available. Reasonably priced, Baggios makes an authentic Italian pizza, and other specialties. $$
- It's Greek to Me 1611 Palisade Avenue Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: (201) 947-2050. A family business turned franchise. The definition of succes, as a couple from Greece opened their first location locally they now operate 9 restaurants.They have also franchised the name and are looking to expand. Each restaurant is friendly, has a comfortable atmosphere and sparks a desire for Greek food and specialties. The sunny Greek Island decor is the restaurant's signature and provides a cheerful atmosphere for an informal and moderately priced lunch or dinner. $$
- Linwood Pizza144 Main Street, Fort Lee, tel: (201) 461-422. Best Pizza in Town! A favorite of Fort Lee Police Department and all locals! Open every night til 3am. Perfect for late night snacks, or to order in for the big game. $
- Hirams Roadstand 1345 Palisade Ave Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: (201) 592-960. A MUST SEE/EAT/EXPERIENCE. This "joint" is the real deal for burgers, fries, and famous hot dogs. For a small price to pay, you will be talking and dreaming about this meal for years to come. It's a one of a kind, ma and pop shop, sure to please everyone!$
- Pizza King Restaurant 807 Abbott Blvd # A Fort Lee, NJ 07024, tel: (201) 224-3070. This is the heart of Fort Lee, family ran Italian Pizzeria and Restaurant. Native to Calabria, Italy, this family's business has thrived for almost 4 decades. Great for dine-in or take-out. $$
- Plaza Diner 2045 Lemoine Avenue Fort Lee, NJ 07024-5704, tel: (201) 944-8681. Open 24 hours.
There are many bars within restaurants, and almost every restaurant has a liquor licese, or is BYOB.
- Double Tree by Hilton, address: 2117 Route 4 Eastbound, Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States 07024, tel:201-461-9000. Located just seconds from the George Washington Bridge this hotel is located on the outskirts of town and is very accessible and convenient no matter where your destination may be. This hotel is suitable for family's, relaxation and corporate visits.
- Holiday Inn, address: 2339 ROUTE 4 EAST FORT LEE, NEW JERSEY 07024 UNITED STATES, tel: 201-944-5000. Located just meters away from the Double Tree, this hotel offers a similar landscape, with lower rates and comparable amenities.
- Best Western, address: 2300 Route 4 West Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024 , tel: 1-888-468-3565. Located across Rt. 4 from the Holiday in, this hotel is a little more secluded from the busy roadways, and offers great group rates. This is located on Rt 4 West Bound, and does not have much of a view as the others situated in a mountainside. This hotel would be perfect for larger groups or parties visiting for pleasure or business in and around the city, and this is definitely not a destination hotel.
- The Borough of Fort Lee, Town Hall  Here you can find information about the involvement of Fort Lee residents in the community as well as many of their municipalities. Information also includes upcoming events in the town.
Wikipedia:Fort Lee, New Jersey