Fjærland  is a tiny town at the end of the Fjærlandsfjord, an arm of the Sognefjord. In Sogn og Fjordane county. It is a particularly enjoyable gateway to the Jostedalsbreen National Park, and is close to two glacial tongues.
If you want a close-up view of a glacier without actually climbing on it, then Fjærland is the place to go. In addition to this, Fjærland is Norway's bokbyen - book town. Almost every shop in the town sells a range of new and used books, and there is even an "honesty book shop", not far from the ferry stop, where books are sold from a stand without any staff.
The closest option is Sogndal airport (IATA: SOG). Alternatively Førde airport (IATA: FDE).
Fjærland is on route 5 between Sogndal and Skei, which is on E39.
In summer, Fjærland is reachable by ferry from Balestrand, a trip that gives ample photo opportunities - there's an amazing view of the Josteldalsbreen glacier behind the fjord as you approach the town.
There are a number of buses each day to nearby towns, including Sogndal and Skei, both five times daily. Be aware that the bus stop is actually 2 km out of the town centre, just across the road from the Norwegian glacier museum. It's a bit of a walk, so leave ample time to avoid missing what might be your only bus out of there.
A bus leaves from the ferry port once a day in May and September, twice a day in June-August, taking passengers firstly to the Glacier Museum and then to the glacier. Alternatively, catch a taxi, hire a bike at the tourist office, or use your own car.
- Bøyabreen is located near Route 5 towards Skei. It is possible to see the glacier from the parking space. Otherwise walk for about 5 min to the little lake in front of the glacier. * Fjærland Kyrkje (Fjærland Church). Jun-Aug: 10AM-6PM. Built in 1861. edit
- Norsk bremuseum (Norwegian Glacier museum), Fjærland, ☎ +47 57693288 (email@example.com, fax: +47 57693287), . Jun-Aug: 9AM-7PM, Apr-May and Sep-Oct: 10AM-4PM. This museum gives a good insight into how glaciers were formed, along with an impressive film taken from atop the Jostalsbreen glacier. Also visitorcenter for the national park. Experience exhibition about climate changes e Adults:120 kr, students: 60 kr, children: 60 kr, family: 260 kr. edit
- Supphellebreen. 10 km on a side road from the village.
- Glacier walk, (Meet at Bøyum Camping), ☎ +47 92854674 or +47 57693189. 1 Jul-31Aug: At 8:15 AM. A tour suitable for person with some physical training. Treking for nine hour, including 3 hour on the glacier. Only children over ten year. edit
- Kayaking, ☎ +47 92854674 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Different tours on the fjord. Two hour tour: kr 340. edit
- Bookstores Fjærland is Norway's "book town".  Virtually every shop - from the tourist office to the sandwich shop - sells a range of new and used books.
- Kaffistova. 10AM-5.30PM. edit
- Onkel Mikkel, (In Mundal Hotell). 1.5.-30.9 1 May-30 Sep: 8PM-11PM. edit
- Bøyum Camping, (Next to the glacier museum), ☎ +47 57693252 (fax: +47 57692957), . Camping ground and cabins. edit
- Mundal Hotell, ☎ +47 57693101 (email@example.com, fax: +47 57693179), . Traditional hotel built in 1891. At the fjord. edit