Førde is in town in Sogn og Fjordane.
There is a small airport situated 16 km south of the town, (IATA: FDE). Witch is served by Widerøe. There are four flights a day from Oslo, and two flights a day from Bergen.
There are express buses three times a day to Oslo, three times a day to Bergen and two times a day to Ålesund. Local buses to Florø eleven times a day.
Førde is situated at the E39 highway. You can reach Førde along this from Bergen or Ålesund. Or Route 5 towards Florø.
The town is spread around, so a car would be practical.
- Sunnfjord museum, ☎ +47 57721220 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +47 57721229), . Collection of old buldings. Adult: 50 kr, Children: Free.
- Sunnfjord Skisenter Blomlia, ☎ +47 57820677. Skiing slopes.
- Førde Pensjonat, Halbrendslia 14, ☎ +47 57821164.
- Quality Hotel Førde, Hafstadvegen 26, ☎ +47 57828110.
- Rica Sunnfjord Hotel, Storehagen 2, ☎ 57834000.
Route 13 to Balestrand is a scenic drive over the Gaularfjellet mountain pass. Beware that the road is closed in the winter.