Fámjin is a village in Suðuroy, Faroe Islands.
Fámjin is situated on the west coast of Suðuroy. You travel to Suðuroy with the ferry Smyril (2-3 times daily) or by helicoptor (2-3 times a week). If you have travel in Suðuroy by car, you must first find Øravík, which is on the east coast, a few km south of the ferry port Krambatangi and north of the village Hov. From Øravík there is a road crossing the island to the village Fámjin. The road ends there and you need to take the same way back again. The buss line 701 drives to Fámjin from Tvøroyri and Krambatangi or one of the other villages on the northern part of the island. Be aware that the buss does not drive in the evenings, you find the time schedule on www.ssl.fo (See Bygdaleiðir). Taxi is another option to reach Fámjin.
Taxi and busses in Suðuroy:
- Phone: 373380 or 213380, Hjørleif Holm, Vágur. Taxi.
- Phone: 227228, Annie Hentze, Trongisvágur. Taxi.
- Phone: 222918, Jákup Lindenskov, Vágur. Taxi.
- Phone: 215210 or 250350, David Findleton, Taxi and minibuss.
- Phone: 239550, Ludvig Poulsen Busses, Sumba/Vágur. Mini buss and buss.
- Phone: 222690, Trygvi Midjord, Minibuss taxi.
- Phone: 226566, Mikkjal Pauli Johansen, Trongisvágur,buss
- Phone: 282931, Poul Kjærbech, Hotel Tvøroyri, taxi and minibuss.
- Guesthouse Fámjin (House of Eirikur and Ragnhild Olsen), Fámjinsvegur 25 (The house is next to the beach, in the beginning of the village, before you come to the church. The house is standing a bit by itself just west of a river.), ☎ +298 371446, . Eirikur Olsen has a house with two flats in Fámjin, which he rents for tourists. Eirikur Olsen also ownes the Café in Fámjin and the Guesthouse undir Heygnum in Tvøroyri. The house is in two floors, each floor has an appartment for 7 persons. 700 DKK pr. night pr. flat..