The Eyre Peninsula  is a coastal region of South Australia offering some spectacular holiday experiences - particularly wildlife interactions.
You can have unforgettable sea adventures, like swimming with sea lions at Baird Bay , cage diving with Great White Sharks  at Port Lincoln (Australia's Seafood Capital), and even Swimming with Tuna .
At Head of Bight , it's the perfect vantage point for spotting giant whales as they undertake their annual migration through the Southern Ocean. Each year from May to October, this stretch of the Nullarbor Plain coastline becomes a free range creche for Southern Right Whales. Up to 60 of them annually migrate out of the Southern Ocean to these traditional breeding grounds and nursery; by the time they depart in spring, around 20 new calves will be ready for summer in the Antartica.
The Eyre Peninsula is home to national parks, ancient caves, and the Nullarbor Plain - the vast, treeless plain that has fascinates anyone with an explorer's spirit.
Follow the Australian Seafood and Aquaculture Trail , which leads to you great seafood dining experiences, and allows you to gain insights into the seafood industry too.
- Arno Bay
- Coffin Bay
- Darke Peak
- Streaky Bay
- Venus Bay
- Seafood & beyond...rewards card, PO Box 1145, Port Lincoln, SA, 5606, ☎ 1800067739, . The Seafood & beyond...rewards card is essential when visiting the Eyre Peninsula. The card enables you to experience the best of the region by taking part in our seafood and aquaculture tours, exclusive food tasing experiences and other regional tours. Whilst driving through the region, you will be able to listen to an interpretive CD and learn about our great seafood and aquaculture industries. As you travel through the Eyre Peninsual you can also redeem reward points with your card at participating restaurants, accommodation, seafood outlets, attractions, others tours and transport. There's no better way to experience the Eyre Peninsula. 69.00.
- Adventure Bay Charters, Jubilee Drive, ☎ 0488428862, . Swim with the mighty Bluefin Tuna! Take a tour to our purpose built Tuna farm and enjoy hand feeding our famous fish, seeing our fish from our underwater viewing platform or get in for a swim!! This two hour tour is a facinating insight into the history of the Tuna industry and includes a taste of sashimi! Swim with the Australian Sea Lion. Join these 'puppy dogs of the sea' for the ultimate marine encounter! Half day tour including light lunch and morning tea. An experience not to be forgotten!! from $65.
- Nullarbor Traveller, Flinders Highway, Port Kenny,SA, 5671, ☎ 08-86870411, . The 6 Day Secrets of the Eyre Peninsula is a unique opportunity to showcase a unique and pristine region. On this all inclusive tour you have the opportunity to do 3 of the Top 20 Wildlife experiences in Australia! Tour highlights are a Camel Trek, swim with sea lions and dolphins (OE), swim with and hand feed tuna, Great White Shark Dive (OE) and a learn to surf! $840.
- Coffin Bay Explorer (Seafood and Wildlife Adventures), Coffin Bay Boat Ramp, ☎ 0428 880 621, . half day. [new]. 3 hours. Featuring some of the freshest Seafood that Eyre Peninsula has to offer. Our Seafood and Wildlife Adventures will take you on an incredible journey to some of the states most pristine, unspoilt and spectacular coastline. Cruise 60kms along the sheltered coastline of the Coffin Bay National Park, spotting Seals, Pelicans, Penguins and Dolphins. Then visit the oyster farms and try the oysters for yourself!! As fresh as they can possibly get. $75.00. edit $75.
Rootbeer is a very common drink in this area.
- Playford Lodge, 55 Rudall Avenue, Whyalla, SA 5600, ☎ 61-0419-840-142, . Playford Lodge
- Coodlie Park, Flinders Highway, Port Kenny, SA 5671, ☎ 61-8-8687-0411, . Coodlie Park