Everett is a city in the Puget Sound region of Washington State.
Everett is accessible from North or South by I-5. US route 2 extends east over Stevens Pass to Spokane. There is also a car ferry to and from Whidbey Island in nearby Mukilteo.
Amtrak Cascades and Sounder commuter trains each serve Everett station twice daily from Seattle, with Amtrak northbound trains continuing to Bellingham and Vancouver, BC. The Empire Builder also goes through Everett on its way east to Chicago.
Greyhound serves Everett Station several times a day, and Sound Transit has regular express bus service to and from Bothell, and Bellevue, as well as express service to Seattle every half hour. It also has the smaller Snohomish County serving Community Transit and within the city, Everett Transit.
If you have great connections, you can fly directly into Everett via Paine Field.
- Everett Performing Arts Center
- Everett Naval Station
- Memorial Stadium
- Snohomish County Historical Museum
- Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour, 8415 Paine Field Blvd., Mukilteo (I-5 Exit 189, WA Hwy 526 west 4 miles (6.4km), past the huge Boeing building on your right, then at the 4-way stoplight turn Left onto Paine Field Blvd and follow signs for the museum), ☎ +1-425-438-8100, +1-888-467-4777 (email@example.com, fax: +1-425-265-9808), . 08:30-17:30h daily, except for a few holidays). Boeing's Everett factory is the world's largest building by interior volume. It is where the Boeing 747, 767, 777, and 787 airliners are made, making it a must see for the aviation nut, and tolerable for the rest of the family. Tours start from the Future of Flight Aviation Center, which has a 28,000 square foot (2600 square metres) gallery and theatre presentations which are fairly interesting in their own right. The tours leave several times a day but have limited capacity, so reservations are recommended. No cameras allowed on the tour, not even your cell phone! The factory adjoins Paine Field, Snohomish County's airport, from which the completed aircraft fly off to begin service. $15 for museum and tour ($8 for 15 years and under); $9 for museum only.
Everett Marina Village www.portofeverett.com, located at 1728 W. Marine View Drive, was created in 1984 and includes several restaurants and businesses that have beautiful waterfront views. Throughout the summer, free concerts are held on The Landing adjacent to the South Marina and Port Gardner Inn. The farmers market runs every Sunday of the summer. Check out the Port's events calendar for additional information on upcoming events.
- Village Inn, 8525 Evergreen Way, ☎ + 1 425 355 2525, . 6am–9pm daily. A corporate comfort food restaurant featuring breakfast all day and a selection of pies. The biscuits and gravy, and the Crepes Lorraine, are both good. Breakfast $10.
- Barney's Pastrami Dip, 5130 Evergreen Way Ste 103, ☎ + 1 425 259 9078. Pastrami sandwiches, whole or half. Extremely ugly dive with one fantastic item on the menu. Fresh bread, pastrami, and dill pickles. Less than $10 for a whole sandwich and a drink. $9.
- Teriyaki Burger Stop, 3517 Rucker Ave East, ☎ + 1 425 259 4291. Another great, but ugly dive in Everett. Spicy chicken is known locally as "crack chicken" because once you try it you need it on a regular basis. The menu includes burgers, teriyaki, & yakisoba. $8.
- Taste of Thai, 6600 Evergreen Way, ☎ + 1 425 513 8136. Everett is loaded with Thai restaurants, and this is one of the best. Family run with great food at reasonable prices. A local favorite for the lunch specials. The custard and sticky rice desert is a treat found at few Thai restaurants. $10.
- The Majestic Cafe, 1409 Hewitt Ave, ☎ + 1 425 339 2074, . The Majestic Cafe accurately describes itself as "Classic.American.Food" Items like fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and pot roast done with enough attention to detail to elevate everyday American dishes to the sublime. If only Mom's cooking really were this good! $15-$25.
- Lanna Thai, 7825 Evergreen Way, Suite B, ☎ + 1 425 438 3888, . Lanna Thai is upscale Thai food. The restaurant, including a full bar is beautifully appointed, and the service is uniformly good. The lunch specials are a good value, but the Pad Thai is cooked ahead and inconsistent. Good, but not great. $10-$20.
- Terezia's European Deli & Bistro, 12926 Mukilteo Speedway, ☎ + 1 425 513 9846. Terezia's serves meals at four tables along with running a deli counter. Lunch is a rotating menu of three or four Central European dishes - all excellent. The paprika chicken and potato soup are particularly good. $10.
- The Totem, 4410 Rucker Ave, ☎ + 1 425 252 3277. Perhaps the only real diner in Everett. The food is good and freshly prepared, with breakfast served all day. Nothing fantastic, but you won't go away hungry and the price is decent. Family owned since the '50s with a big, cheezy fake totem pole out front. $8-$15.
- Chiang Mai Thai Restaurant, 12926 Mukilteo Speedway, ☎ + 1 425 423 8569. Located in a strip mall, but the interior is pleasant and inviting. Standard Thai menu, good service, and decent prices. Worth a regular visit if it's closer than Taste of Thai. $8-$15.
- Beijing Garden, 3719 Rucker Ave, ☎ + 1 425 339 9319. In a town loaded with Chinese restaurants, Beijing Garden stands out as one of the best. Small and cute, with barely adequate parking. A standard Chinese restaurant menu, with very well executed dishes. The hot and sour soup is the best in the area. Lunch specials are a great value at less than $6. $8-$15.
- Diamond Knot Alehouse, , 621 Front St, Mukilteo, +1 425 355-4488. On the waterfront, next to the ferry and peanut shells on the floor. What more could you ask for in a pub.
- Scuttlebutt Brewing Co, 1524 West Marine View Drive, ☎ 425 257 9316, . 11am-9pm. A family friendly brewpub on the waterfront within walking distance of Naval Station Everett and the marina. Happy Hour 2-6pm Monday through Thursday.
- Best Western Cascadia Inn, 2800 Pacific Avenue, ☎ +1 425 258-4141 (toll free: +1 800 822-5876, fax: +1 425 258-4755), .
- Holiday Inn, 3105 Pine St, ☎ +1 425 339-2000, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 131 128th St Sw, ☎ +1 425 609-4000, .
- Motel 6 Everett North, 10006 Evergreen Way, ☎ +1 425 347-2060 (fax: +1 425 347-1529), .
- Motel 6 Everett South, 224 128th Street Sw, ☎ +1 425 353-8120 (fax: +1 425 347-2269), .