Enniskillen is in Northern Ireland. It is situated at the mid-point between Upper and Lower Loch Erne, in County Fermanagh.
Even though Enniskillen is the biggest town in County Fermanagh, it's still possible to visit all the major tourist attractions on foot. There isn't much traffic (by UK standards), but town centre parking is scarce, so leave your car in the free car park at the Erneside Shopping Centre and walk across the footbridge.
- Enniskillen Castle & Museum  in the town centre.
- Enniskillen's main tourist attraction is undoubtedly Lough Erne , which covers about a third of County Fermanagh. It is a major centre for fishing and all water-sports, attracting visitors from as far away as Germany and Poland. Day tourists can take a boat trip (summer only) from the jetty near the castle. If you're staying longer it's possible to hire a cruiser and visit the loch's many small islands.
- Florence Court , an 18th century house about 10 miles from the town centre. This venue normally hosts family events on bank holidays and tours of the house are available during the summer. You can also take a subterranean boat-trip in the nearby Marble Arch Caves .
- Spend a day at the Crom Estate  in Newtownbutler. There are extensive grounds (including an island) to visit though most of the main house is still a private residence. There are also holiday cottages to hire. During summer months there is a very interesting exhibition on the estates natural importance and history of the estate in the visitor centre as well as a very quaint café/tea room serving afternoon teas.
- Take a trip around the world famous Belleek Pottery factory , situated in Belleek about 20 miles from Enniskillen.
Recent years have seen a proliferation of shops selling authentic 'Oirish' souvenirs to gullible tourists. These sell the same sort of rubbish that you see everywhere and are easy to avoid.
If you're self-catering then you can avoid paying tourist prices by frequenting the same shops as the local residents:
- The Erneside Shopping Centre has all the major shops that you'd expect to find in Ireland.
- Dunnes Store on Forthill Street is a supermarket that sells reasonably priced food, clothes, domestic goods (etc).
- ASDA has a large store in the town which was recorded as being the 3rd busiest in the entire UK for ASDA supermarkets
- Aswell as a Dunnes Stores and ASDA there is also a large Tesco's store
- The Buttermarket near the town centre has many smaller stores selling traditional crafts and art work amoung other things and is very popular amongst tourists
- Heaton's is an Irish Department store know for it's excellent customer serivice across Ireland. Selling Irish Linen and textiles to Sports gear it is ideal to bring home a taste of Ireland.
A large percentage of Fermanagh's income is based on tourism and there are many cafes and restaurants in Ennniskillen that cater to this trade.
For "pub grub" there are a number of bars within the town that offer good for services:
- Pats Bar
- Bush Bar
- Crowes Nest
There are also a large number retaurants and cafes around the town the the pick of them being;
- Cafe Merlot
- Dolakis (A Greek restaurant, very good quality)
- Kamal Mahals (An Indian restaurant which offers an all you can eat buffet from 12 noon to 3pm)
- Ruby Palace (A chinese restaurant)
- Dragon Palace (A chinese restaurant)
- Golden Arrow
- Flo's Restaurant, 15 Townhall Street, ☎ 028 6632 6880. 8:30-5:30 M-Sa. A very friendly atmosphere with a wide variety of traditional homemade food; special options for diabetics and coeliacs. All day breakfast.
There are a large number of licensed pubs within the town, these include;
- Blakes of the Hollow (A bar complex with 3 different bar areas as well as a nightclub)
- Pats Bar (4 bars over 2 floors and a disco area)
- Bush Bar
- Charlies Bar
- Crowes Nest
- The Cornerstone bar
- Corner Bar
- Tipplers brook
- Magees Pub
- Willie Ramblers
- Gerry Macs
- Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen, BT74 6RW, Tel: 028 6632 3481, .
- The Bridges Youth Hostel, Belmore Street, Enniskillen, BT74 6AA, 028 6634 0110, . Every day Jul & Aug, Sa-Su Sep-Jun. A Hostelling International hostel.