Emmaus is a city in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania, in the United States. It is located five miles southwest of Allentown, the state's third largest city, after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. In 2007, Money magazine listed Emmaus as one of the top 100 "Best Places to Live" in the U.S.
By air, the closest airport is Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), approximately 20 miles east of Emmaus. Philadelphia International Airport, which is 60 miles south of Emmaus, also can be used.
There is public transportation, the Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority (LANTA) bus, that can take you from Emmaus to Allentown and the greater Lehigh Valley area.
Private bus lines, including Carl Bieber Tourways, provide daily roundtrip bus service between the Emmaus area and New York City, Philadelphia and several New Jersey beach locations.
Another great way of getting around Emmaus is renting a car.
Easy access is available via PA 309/Interstate 78 exits 55, 57 and 58
Exit 55 is PA 29 (Cedar Crest Boulevard). Southbound will take you to just west of downtown.
Exit 57 is Lehigh Street. Southbound will take you onto Chestnut Street and into downtown. It also provides access to downtown Allentown to the north
Exit 58 is Emaus Avenue. You are forced to go southbound anyway. This is just an easier parallel of Lehigh Street, but is only available to westbound 78 travelers
- Rodale Press is located on Minor Street in Emmaus. Rodale publishes some of the nation's most widely-read health and activity magazines, including Men's Health, Prevention, Bicycling, among others. It also one of the nation's most prominent publishers of health-related books. Titles include the 2003 best-seller, The South Beach Diet..
- Shangy's is a famous beer distributor located on Main Street in Emmaus and one of the largest beer distributors on the East Coast. It advertises itself as having the largest number of beer brands from all over the world of any distributor in the nation. Shangy's attracts beer enthusiasts from around the nation, especially those looking for hard to find domestic or international beers.
- Every October, the Emmaus Halloween Parade takes place in Emmaus. It is one of the largest parades in the Lehigh Valley, typically drawing thousands from around the Valley. The Emmaus Lions Club is a primary parade sponsor. For more information on the Emmaus Lions Club, visit: .
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom in South Whitehall Township, by Emmaus, is one of the premiere amusement and water parks in the nation, known especially for its elaborate rollercoasters and large waterpark..
- Emmaus Community Park is one of the many parks around the area. There is a pool open during the summer months. There are also fields to play baseball, softball, and soccer, and courts to play volleyball and basketball. There is also a walking trail. During the summer months, there are concerts in the park. 
- Emmaus High School athletics. Located in Emmaus, Emmaus High School is one of several large Lehigh Valley high schools that competes athletically in the Lehigh Valley Conference, widely considered one of the most competitive athletic divisions in the United States. Emmaus High School athletic events typically draw large crowds, especially in football, boys and girls basketball, girls field hockey and wrestling. The school is widely known for its exceptional girls field hockey and boys and girls swimming and diving teams, both among the nation's best.
- Indian Creek Golf Course. 18-hole Emmaus golf course.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs. The AAA-level minor league team of the Philadelphia Phillies plays in Coca-Cola Park in neighboring Allentown. Tickets: (610) 841-PIGS..
- Philadelphia Eagles. The Philadelphia Eagles hold their twice-a-day summer training camp practices each July and August at Lehigh University in neighboring Bethlehem.. Attendance is free.
- South Mountain is a perfect place to enjoy a hike or to go for a ride on a mountain bicycle.
- The Emmaus Farmer's Market is held every Sunday from 10am-2pm and is a great place to meet the locals and enjoy organic produce.
- The South Mall is in the Emmaus area, which has stores such as Bon-Ton, Victoria's Secret, EB Games, Steve and Barry's, etc.
- There are other specialty stores located on Main Street in Emmaus, and they sometimes hold weekend street sales.
There are many restaurants in Emmaus, including:
- Armetta's, 301 Main St., Emmaus, (610) 967-3050. Regionally famous Italian restaurant and pizzaria, highly-popular with locals. Italian food, pizza, Philadelphia cheesesteaks. Offers inside and patio dining, pick-up and local delivery..
- Blimpie's Subs and Salads, 4002 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 967-0686. Subs, sandwiches and salads for inside dining or to go..
- Buckeye Tavern on Brookside, 3741 Brookside Rd., Macungie, (610) 966-4411. Restaurant and tavern constructed in 1735 during British colonialism. Family-owned since 1987 with two of Lehigh Valley's leading chefs. American cuisine. Upstairs party room. Indoor and outdoor bar. Also offers take-out service..
- Cafe 29, 1301 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 966-2999. Bistro..
- Cavaluzzo's Pasta Steak & Subs, 1328 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 965-8070.
- Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, 620 State Ave., Emmaus, (610) 965-2771..
- Emmaus Diner, 1418 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 967-5877.
- Fiesta Ole, 1116 Chestnut St., Emmaus. Fresh Mexican food, but best known for their fried ice cream. Upbeat Latin music and bright colors..
- Hillstone Restaurant, State Road Main, Emmaus, (610) 965-5750. Restaurant and bar.
- Lee Gribben's on Main, 2nd & Main Sts., Emmaus, (610) 967-4409. High-end dining establishment. Formal. Bar separate from restaurant. Exceptional food among the best in the Lehigh Valley..
- Lee's Hoagie House, 634 State Ave., Emmaus, (484) 232-6277. Hoagies, Philadelphia cheese steaks.
- Lin's Garden, 339 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 965-9300. American food, steaks.
- Lingnan Chinese Restaurant, 1328 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 965-8373. Chinese.
- Mamma Mia Pizzeria, 1245 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 967-0600. Pizza. Free delivery.
- Mas Cafe, 332 Main St., Emmaus, (610) 421-8308. Deli and coffee house. Closed on Mondays. Free WiFi connection. Large selection of domestic and international coffees. Open microphone every Thursday evening from 7pm to 10pm..
- Mercantile Club, 427 Railroad St., Emmaus, (610) 965-3871. Private club founded in early 1908s and open only to members and their guests. Affordable meals and drinks. Daily entree specials. Various music entertainment and club events..
- Palace of India, 302 Main St., Emmaus, (610) 965-0466. Emmaus's only Indian restaurant.
- Pickle's Steak House, 3941 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 966-1986. Steak house. The name comes from the fact that they serve pickles on the table in place of bread.
- Pizza World, 4030 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 966-8222. Pizza.
- Rossi's Pizza & Italian, 606 State Avenue, Emmaus, (610) 967-6050. Italian, pizza and other entrees.
- Superior Restaurant, State Road & Main Streets, Emmaus, (610) 965-5750. Diner.
- Traub's Doggie, 251 Main St., Emmaus, (610) 967-5003, a small but well-known hot dog establishment next to Armetta's.
- Trivet, 4102 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 965-2838. Diner.
- True Blue Coffeehouse and Bakery, 1301 Chestnut St. Emmaus, (610) 966-8555. Variety of coffees, lattes and bakery items.
- Vera Cruz Cafe & Market, 3851 Main St. East, Emmaus, (610) 965-0772.
- Volpe's Sports Bar, 501 Broad St., Emmaus, (610) 965-0311. Recently renovated sports bar with broad food and beer selections. Several large rooms, including the bar area. Formerly known as the Broad Street Saloon, it is still among the top places to go in Emmaus for affordable drinks, cold beer and televised sports.
- Wally's Deli, 1245 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 967-1347.
- Yocco's South, 4042 Chestnut St., Emmaus, (610) 967-5555. The Emmaus location is one of six Lehigh Valley Yocco's establishments. Widely considered among the best hot dogs in the nation. Dine-in, take-out or drive-through service. Yocco's also does mail delivery to those not in the immediate Lehigh Valley area..
Nightclubs and bars
- Armetta's, 301 Main Street, Emmaus, (610) 967-3050. Separate bar with a friendly drinking atmosphere. Beer specials. Outside patio bar open during summer.
- Commix, 3245 Emaus Ave., Emmaus, (610) 797-9711. Historical but informal bar and restaurant on first floor of Revolutionary War-era hotel.
- The Pub on Main, 102 E. Main St., Macungie, (610) 966-2275. Live bands every Saturday night. Also has weekly ladies night (Thursday nights), DJs, and karaoke nights (Friday nights). Daily drink specials and $2 beer drafts. Has clubs for both the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers. NFL Sunday Ticket games available during football season..
- Volpe's Sports Bar, 501 Broad St., Emmaus, (610) 965-0311. Recently renovated sports bar with over 10 large screen plasma televisions, including all out of town games. Broad food and beer selections. Several large rooms, including the bar area. Formerly known as the Broad Street Saloon, it is still among the top places to go in Emmaus for affordable drinks, cold beer and televised sports.
- Allentown, which is just five miles northeast of Emmaus, is home to the well-known Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom. Dorney Park offers globally-famous rollercoasters and the park itself is one of the most popular in the Northeast U.S.