Elora  is a small town near Guelph, Ontario, Canada. It is extremely picturesque, being situated along the Grand River and the Elora Gorge. The architecture is very appealing, featuring stonework buildings built by Scottish stonemasons over a century ago. There is a vibrant and creative artistic community thriving in Elora.
Elora Gorge is a beautiful sight that attracts sightseers, campers, hikers, kayakers and tubers. The limestone cliffs are 22 metres high and the Grand River exits frantically through the Gorge. It is possible to hike to scenic overlooks next to the Gorge along riverside trails - there are some magnificent views.
Welcome Centre, 5 Mill Street East, +1 519 846-9841, .
- Highway 7 - 20 km (12.4 miles) northwest of Guelph
- Village centre - Many historic buildings from the 1800s, many built of local stone.
- Elora Mill - A large 19th century mill
- Elora Gorge - a limestone gorge carved out by a river. trails run along the cliff top, and stairs allow visitors to access the floor of the gorge. wading through the gorge is a great experience, but bring sandals as the rocks can be sharp.
- Elora Festival - The Elora Festival is a glorious summertime tradition. Each year is better than the previous, and includes many breath-taking performances. Over the years, the Festival has hosted some of the world's most engaging artists against a backdrop of rural resplendence. The summer season runs from July to August and the lineup is announced in April. The Winter Series is equally an event not to be missed!; further details at Elora Festival details.
- Elora Cataract Trailway - Walk or ride the Trailway.
- Elora Quarry Conservation Area - walk, swim, hike, picnic. An old limestone quarry that has long been a popular swimming area.
- Guided walking tours of Elora,  (see website for times).
- The Elora Gorge Conservation Area, , offers hiking, canoeing, kayaking and tubing.
- Zipline, , across the Elora Gorge. $150 per person. See website for schedule.
- Grand River Raceway & Slots, 7445 County Rd. 21, . M–Th 9AM–2AM, F-Su 24 hours. Features seasonal live harness racing, over 200 slot machines, and the River's Edge Restaurant, which offers fine casual dining.
ELORA MEWS SHOPS , 45 Mill Street West, Elora --
The perfect place to find very special gifts - Gallery of original art and unique home decor, Celtic shop, Quilt shop, Floral boutique - world-class specialty shops located in a lantern-lit courtyard within historic limestone walls. A unique shopping experience.
- Artists Studio Tour, . Here's your chance to get a look behind the scenes. Take a self-guided tour and meet artists where they live and work. Each of the artists and craftspeople will open their studios for two consecutive fall weekends. The Elora Fergus Studio Tour is completely free of charge. You'll get a chance to meet directly with the artists, and often see work not shown in gallery settings. You'll visit the working spaces of both established and emerging artists, from basements to self contained studios. Come for the whole weekend!
- The Elora Mill, 77 Mill St., West Elora, Tel: 519-846-9118 or 1-866-713-5672,  - a mill dating to the nineteenth century and Canada's only standing five-story mill. It has 32 guest rooms, with four poster and canopy beds. Ask for a room that overlooks the river and Elora Gorge (Tooth of Time waterfall) views. The Inn has many authentic antiques and handcrafted items and at the same time, has modern conveniences (for example, a jacuzzi).
- Wiggit Hall Guesthouse and Gallery, 249 Geddes Street (corner of David and Geddes), ☎ 519 846-0024. checkin: 4:00 pm; checkout: noon. Located within a short walk to the gorge, Wiggit Hall is a century home with newly restored rooms, decorated with old world ceilings, original windows and wood floors. $80- $125.