Elmira  is the name of both a small city and a township in Chemung County in New York state.
- Woodlawn Cemetery, 1200 Walnut St, +1 607 732-0151. Visit writer Mark Twain and movie producer Hal Roach. Open year round. Free.
- The Mark Twain Study, Park Place, +1 607 735-1941, . A gift from his sister in 1874, the study has been moved from its original location at Quarry Farm to the campus of Elmira College. Twain wrote portions of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and other works in this small building. Open May through Labor Day, M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 12PM-5PM; Labor Day through mid-October, Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 12PM-5PM. By appointment in the off season.
- Nearby Arnot Mall, anchored by Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, The Bon-Ton, and Burlington Coat Factory, is the only indoor super-regional mall in a 50 mile radius. Also, several power centers and big box stores are located within the mall's vicinity.
One of Elmira's true contributions to world cuisine can be found on Baldwin Street, and is an old-style lunch counter diner known as M&M RedHots. They have an entire menu, but locals & tourists come mostly for the hot dogs. A dog 'with everything' comes with cheese, mustard, onions, and their unique blend of meat sauce (not chili). Watch the hours because the restaurant is only open on weekdays.
- Lib's Supper Club 106 West 5th Street, Large portions and nice bar area.
- Holiday Inn, 760 East Water St, ☎ +1 607 734-4211, .
WikiPedia:Elmira, New York