Alberta Avenue-Highlands is in Edmonton.
- Olde Towne Beverly was once the town of Beverly until the '40s when it was amalgamated into Edmonton. It was a beautiful, quiet mining town. Today it isn't THE place to shop, but some quaint shops may pop by as you drive/ walk by. Most stores are streetfront making it very inviting to pedestrian people. It is also nice to admire what history is left of it.
- McGrath Mansion.
- Holgate Res..
- Highlands School.
- Gibbard block.
- Alberta Aviation Museum, 11410 Kingsway Avenue NorthWest, ☎ (780) 451-1175. Great for a nice time out with the family and experience new knowledge about airplanes. They are great for learning about Aviation history and include pistols, uniforms and planes dating back to the 1920s.
- Edmonton Indy, located in the Edmonton City Centre Airport, ☎ 780.471.7210, . The only Indy race in Canada has gained a worldwide reputation. It includes all kinds of cars that show off, race, do tricks, and all kinds of stuff. It is very interesting for those car lovers and it is gaining American attention greatly. It is usually hot, so bringing drinks and wearing shorts is very recommended.
- Rundle Park Par Three, 2909 118th Ave., 780-944-4426, . (Public: 3018 yards, par 54) Another city-owned course, this executive par-three gives a surprisingly good workout. Holes range from around 100 to over 200 yards, greens are fairly small, and your shot-making ability is fairly tested. By the nature of the course, it is busy (although you can walk on almost any time): there will be waiting time on weekends, and the course is not kept to the same level of repair the other city courses are. Nevertheless, it's a great way to warm up in the spring, and a good introduction to golf if you're entertaining non-golfers.
- Edmonton Oilers is the local National Hockey League (NHL) team plays at Rexall Place. They are, by far, the most popular sports team in the city, and prices to get a ticket reflect this. The Oilers are also the only major Edmonton sports team to regularly sell out their venue, so tickets must sometimes be acquired through unofficial means.
- Edmonton Rush is the Edmonton lacrosse team and is one of the best in the league. It plays at Rexall Place.
- Edmonton Oil Kings is a revived hockey team that plays at Rexall Place and is in the smaller leagues.
- Kingsway Garden Mall  is found on Princess Eliz. Ave. and Kingsway Ave. in the north side of the city and is the second largest mall in the city of Edmonton. It has many large American retailers like McDonald's and DisneyStore. It is currently experiencing a small expansion that will rework the identity of the mall. The mall is in an older neighborhood, despite it being modern. There is also a lot of parking for free, as well as good transit options.
- Chateau Louis Liquor Store, 11727 Kingsway Ave (just south of the City Centre Airport attached to the hotel of the same name). This liquor store has one of the largest selections of single-malt Scotch in Edmonton. (In fact, it was the site of Canada's only whisky kidnapping - in 1999, a fabulously rare bottle of 1955 Bowmore malt was stolen and offered back for ransom!). The selection is good and the prices are better than many places in the city. The liquor store is now known not just for its Scotches but also for its wide selection of other hard liquors, many of them premium brands ranking well above the regular bar brands in quality and price: it's one of the few stores in town with a choice in Absinthes, as well as high-end tequilas, rums, and non-Scotch whiskys. The wine selection is limited, and while there's a good variety of premium beers, any true beer aficionado would head a few blocks west to the Sherbrooke Liquor Store.
- Best Western City Centre, 11310 109 Street Northwest, ☎ +1 780 479-2042, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. The place has some nice suites. Try to get some viewing south, with magnificent views of the triumphant skyline.
- Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre, 11834 Kingsway NW (From 101 Street northbound, go left at Kingway Ave. 'till you see a big white tower on the right.), ☎ (888) 747-4114. Get a suite looking south.