Eastern Anatolia (Turkish: Doğu Anadolu) is a region in Turkey. It occupies the mountainous east of the country and has the harshest winters.
- Ağrı Province
- Ardahan Province
- Bingöl Province
- Bitlis Province
- Elazığ Province
- Erzincan Province
- Erzurum Province
- Hakkâri Province
- Iğdır Province
- Kars Province
- Malatya Province
- Muş Province
- Tunceli Province
- Van Province
- Dogubeyazit - town on Iranian border, fascinating Ishak Pasa Palace is located nearby.
- Erzurum - biggest city of the region, near Palandöken Ski Centre.
- Kars - city in northeast, with interesting Russian architecture.
- Tatvan - on the western coast of Lake Van, eastern terminus of railway from Istanbul, with ferry connections to Van and then on to Iran.
- Van - city on the eastern coast of Lake Van, with some remnants from Urartu civilization and some Armenian monasteries, too.
WikiPedia:East Anatolia Region, Turkey
Dmoz:Middle East/Turkey/Regions/Eastern Anatolia/